swelling & nerve damage in feet and toes

HI

just had 4 fec and 4 tax and finished chemo 3 weeks ago.

ankles, feet and legs are swollen(been checked for DVT and all is ok)any ideas when it will go or can you have water tablets?

have numbness and the feeling of just having had pins and needles in toes- really painful any ideas when this improves?

wanting to get back to normal ASAP
Mandy

Hi Mandy,

I finished Tax almost seven weeks ago. I had very badly swollen legs/ankles/feet, so much that combined with the Tax muscle weakness I could barely walk for a couple of weeks. I started to think it was never going to go but about two weeks ago it started to get better and now my ankles only swell at the end of the day. My leg and arm muscles are still not right but so much better now and I’m much more able to cope.

The tips of my fingers and toes are still a little bit numb - I never had the pins and needles.

I’d give it a little bit longer if I were you - I only had three FEC and three Tax and you’ve had four, so you might find it takes a few more weeks yet. Everything I read said it takes weeks to clear and actually mine started to improve rather sooner than I’d thought it would.

Hang on in there - I really do sympathise - my legs looked like an elephant’s legs for a while and it really is horrible. Keeping them raised as much as possible did help a bit.

I didn’t have or ask for water tablets by the way. I know some people have but they’re not always given because chemo puts a strain on your kidneys/liver so they don’t want to do anything to upset the balance further.

Jane xxx

My swelling has gone down but my fingers are still tingly and my toes are still numb - I finished chemo six months ago :frowning: