cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swelling under my scar

5 REPLIES 5
lavendersblue

Re: swelling under my scar

How are things with your scar tissue problems Izzy ? Hope things are improving .

I went back to the ward today to have a rogue stitch removed , and I asked her about my swelling below the scar . She confirmed that it was a seroma , but said they preferred not to drain them if they didn't need to ,as infection was a big risk . Instead she said to concentrate on my exercises and to massage the swollen area gently ...hopefully this will all help it to be re absorbed by my body .
I did feel reassured , as it always seems to be worse late at night in bed , when the brain runs riot with negative thoughts !!
Hugs,
Jill x

soi

hi Izzy

It will likely. just be scar tissue.Under My scar is all lumpy underneath. If you are concerned get them to check it out as they will know the difference. I am post 4 years and went for my check and they discovered a lump on my scarring.im off tomorrow to get to out. Don't worry about just get them to check it.

lavendersblue

I also have quite a lot is swelling under my scar izzy , but I think it is fluid , a seroma ? Had a radical mastectomy on 13th Jan . My armpit also feels tight and pulled with some discomfort .
Am going back to the ward on Wed to have a stitch looked at . I was told it would dissolve , but it looks like a piece of white plastic to me ....can't see that dissolving . Anyway will see what they say on Wed.

Hope you have had some reassurance on your swelling and the chemo is going well , lots of hugs.
Jillxx

izzy46

I hoped it was that but no one told me that could happen. I worry about everything. Was going to phone breast care nurse today then thought someone here might have the same. I'm really glad of this forum we can all help each other through. Feel better now.

lolly73

sounds like scar tissue to me. i still have hard swelling from mx last july. nurse told me could take up to a year to settle xx

izzy46

swelling under my scar

I  had my mastectomy on 29th december and am having chemotherapy now. I have just noticed swelling around my scar, it is not seroma but feels very lumpy, of course i am worrying that they did not get everything out although i was told they got it all. Has anyone else experienced this, i need reassuring.