swimming with a radio suntan?

swimming with a radio suntan?

swimming with a radio suntan? I have read threads on this site before about swimming, but was wondering if anyone has specific experience they could share. I finished radiotherapy nearly 3 weeks ago, with minimal skin damage (i.e. suntan, slightly sore, but not broken skin). My breast care nurse said leave it 4 weeks before swimming, or even 6 weeks after I’ve seen the oncologist again. But I want to go NOW! I know chlorine can be a bit nasty on burns, but it’s just a deep suntan now and barely tender at all. Has anyone risked swimming too soon and regretted it?

I found the chlorine very irritating on my skin and couldn’t stand more than 20 mins in the pool and that was about 6 months after rads. My skin did break down after treatment though so perhaps you will fare better.
If you go make sure you have a good shower afterwards at the pool to get rid of the chlorine on your skin
Kate

I finished my rads a couple of weeks ago. Last week I was staying in a hotel with a spa and couldn’t resist going in the pool.

My skin had been quite red and had even broken down at the end of my rads. But the flamizine cream the radio staff gave me had healed it a treat, so I decided to give it a try.

On the first day, I went in the pool for just fifteen minutes. All was fine. So two days later I had a long swim, and then a swim every day for three or four days. I have had absolutely no problems.

I did keep my flamizine cream handy just in case, plus had some antibiotics in case it looked like there was any infection but thankfully there were no problems.

Deirdre

I finished my rads a couple of weeks ago. Last week I was staying in a hotel with a spa and couldn’t resist going in the pool.

My skin had been quite red and had even broken down at the end of my rads. But the flamizine cream the radio staff gave me had healed it a treat, so I decided to give it a try.

On the first day, I went in the pool for just fifteen minutes. All was fine. So two days later I had a long swim, and then a swim every day for three or four days. I have had absolutely no problems.

I did keep my flamizine cream handy just in case, plus had some antibiotics in case it looked like there was any infection but thankfully there were no problems.

Deirdre