swine flu

Hi there,
I finished my treatment 2 years ago now and I struggle to get my gp to give me a flu jab will i be able to have the swine flu jab, I do anything to make sure I don’t get ill also should I be having smear tests yearly when ask the gp he said no link to breast cancer and overian cancer I thought there was a link, grateful for any help :slight_smile:

there is no link with cervical cancer and breast cancer… your gp or family planning nurse wont do smears more often unless you are at higher isk of cervical abnormalities ie you have had colposcopy in the last few years you have had CIN 2 or 3 or you have had more than 2 or 3 CIN 1 or borderline smears… routine smears are every 3 years… cervical cancer is a very slow growing cancer and the smear test is looking for abnormal cells that may become cancerous in time but not for actual cancer itself… it takes around 10 years to become cancer.

as for swine flu they havent decided who is going to be top of the list for the swine flu vaccine yet but when it is available then people with pre-existing medical conditions like asthmatics, diabetics and people with heart disease and perhaps even people with current cancer who arent currently on chemotherapy… but this is still all in discussion.

personally i would prefer to wait until its been more fully tested before opting for it, but everybody is different and some people would prefer to have it like yourself.

hope that helps