swollen breast

I am 4 yrs post meopausal and my right breast has suddenly in the last month swollen to at least 3 times its norml size … There is no pain or discomfort or discharge … Ive seen my doc who tells me im worrying bout nothing but i am worrying … Any advice please …

Hi Jayneshappy,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to give you some support, they’ve a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

In the meantime could I suggest you give the helpline here a ring and have a chat with one of the nurses. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open at 9am today, Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Jayneshappy, any changes in breasts need to be taken seriously and be checked out properly. Your GP is not a breast expert and my advice would be to go back and insist on a referral to a breast clinic. Even if it does turn out to be nothing serious you need to have your mind put at rest. Best wishes Pat x

I agree with Trisha. Go back to your GP (or see another one if there’s more than one in the practice) and insist on a referral to a breast clinic. Maggie xx