swollen feet, ankles, calves, arms, and hands with stiffness and painful joints

Could any of you ladies help? My wife is stage 4 and has had 5 types of chemo in the last 18 months, recently finishing Gem/Carbo on 19th September - scan showed things were stable. She is now on a break with Xeloda starting in the new year or maybe earlier.

Her disease in in her right brest and underarm a lot od lymphnoeds with mets in both lungs - and lymphoedema in her right arm. From February 2012 she started with a lot of pain and has been on Zomorph, Oramorph, Amytriptline, Pregabaliin and an anti inflamatory this has controlled the pain with gradual increases of medication - the pain started again 3 weeks after the end of chemo so pregabalin was increased to 150mg twice daily.

In the last two/three weeks she has started to have swollen feet, ankles, calves, arms and hands with stifness and very painful joints this is waking her in the night she is suffering. Our pain Dr is a little bemused although pregabalin could be the culprit but they are not sure so i have had to kick their arses to try and find a solution.
Have any of you has similar experiences with the swelling etc

I’m sorry to hear your wife is struggling with pain and swelling, Wellmeant. I can’t help you with your questions, but just wanted to bump your message, so that others will be able to see it. I hope someone will come along soon with some helpful, practical advice. Your wife is lucky to have such a caring husband. Good luck to you both.