1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swollen node months after surgery/chemo

5 REPLIES 5

Re: swollen node months after surgery/chemo

We are at the hospital now. Had a US and a biopsy as consultant agreed it's a large lymph node. Your BCN may be able to get you in quicker.
Xx

Thanks. Went to doctors today and got appt for 15th. I didn't even think about ringing the nurses so have just done it and left a message. Hope your mam is okay and it's all good. Let me know if you get a minute xx

Hi julielola

My mum was still waiting for an appt 10 days after her GP referring her so I suggested she called the breast cancer nurse today. They told her that she is not discharged for 5 years so she should've have called them first. They got her a consultant and ultrasound appt for tomorrow. You should call one of the breast cancer nurses - it gets things moving faster. Hope it is something innocent for you.
Xxx

I've just posted, I had cancer diagnosed August 2012 and had lumpectomy, chemo, radio & now on tamoxifen. Found lip under my armpit today. Going doctors in the morning. I'm so scared xx

Hi Daisy1975, 

I am sorry to hear that you and your mum are going through this anxious time. I am sure some of our users will be along soon to offer their advice and support.

You may also like to try posting on our 'Family, partners and friends' board which I have linked below.

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Family-partners-and-friends/bd-p/4451

In the meantime do call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who can talk to you about your mums swollen lymph node and can offer a friendly ear. The line is open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant

swollen node months after surgery/chemo

Anybody had a swollen lymph node in armpit months following surgery? My mum was diagnosed in November 2014 with breast cancer spread to a number of nodes in axilla. She had chemo then surgery and they took first 4 nodes. They were all clear post chemo. She then had radiotherapy. This was completed approx July 2015.

My mum told me today that she has a swollen lymph node under her arm. It has been swollen since surgery so at the time they (consultants) said it would be a reactive node (to the surgery - this was about June 2015) and they weren't going to chase lymph nodes. However she noticed last week that it's much bigger - 2cm her doctor said. She has been referred. All I can think it is is the cancer. She had 4 nodes removed in June  and they were clear (this was post chemo though - pre chemo they were positive). Has anyone else had swollen nodes 4 months post surgery? I'm now thinking that they never took the correct nodes :-(.

xx