Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swollen stomach and liver mets

27 REPLIES 27

Re: swollen stomach and liver mets

What a horrible disease this is!
RIP

So sorry and shocked to hear of Andie's passing. Condolences to hubby, family and friends. May you rest in peace lovely lady x

I echo belinda and horsie's comments rhapsodyangel. Such very sad news. My sincere condolences to Andie's family & friends. Another life cut far too short. B***er this disease!

Thank you, so much, for letting us know rhapsodyangel. And thinking of you, on the loss of another dear friend...x
Rest in Peace Andie, with my sincere condolences to all your loved ones...x

So sad... RIP, another angel up there looking after us.x

Guest user
Not applicable

sorry - double post so deleted one.
Guest user
Not applicable

I thought that I should put an update on here incase any of you have been keeping an eye on the thread concerned about AndieT... xxx

Sadly she passed away peacefully last week in a hospice with her husband holding her hand.
Andie was one of the first other IBC patients I made friends with on here back in 2008, and she was always such a support to our small group, I am going to miss her very much and am so pleased that we did get to meet up once in London... xxx

our worst fear. May you and your family find strength to carry on. this is a cruel devastating disease. All my love and prayers and thoughts are with you. Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to send you love on here as well... xxx Have they said anything about trying to drain some of the fluid to try and make you more comfortable? I'm so devastated that you are having to go through this... Sending you all so much love xxx Theresa x

Wishing you all the luck in the world and praying that your mets start to respond to the chemo.
It is awful that you can't access palliative care as an inpatient should you need to!
lisa xx

Andie...I just want to send you the biggest virtual hug and will keep my fingers crossed the new chemo will help youxx
Love
KQ

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and support. I am about to start a new round of chemo, although even the oncologist says it is a very long shot. I will try anything. Although I am now under the care of the homecare team at our local hospice the option of being an inpatient there later is unavailable as the wards at the hospice are closed for a year for refurbishment. No other hospices are available to me as our borough only supplies fund to one. Thank god for a supportive husband and family. Take care everyone and enjoy life while you can. Andie

Dear Andie, I'm so very sorry to read your news. Like everyone else here I send my love to you and your family..xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Andie, I had a bloated, distended stomach for a few days after radiotherapy on my secondary bone mets and was going to try to help and tell you not to worry. I am so sorry about your prognosis and I am sure the palliative care team will help you in every way possible. My thoughts, love and prayers go to you and your family. xx

Andie,
When I saw your first post I wanted to reply but realised I couldn't offer any advice or helpful words other than to say I was thinking of you. Now I am thinking of you and your family even more so. I don't know anything about your situation, or liver mets in general really; is there no other treatment available at all?
I hope you have enough time to do the things you need and see the people you love, and can do and much of the things you want without too much discomfort.
Lisa xx

Oh Andie such devastating news for you and your family, very hard to take in I am sure. Lets hope you get as much time as possible with your family, thinking of you with love and hope.
Marina xxx

Oh Andie such devastating news for you and your family, very hard to take in I am sure. Lets hope you get as much time as possible with your family, thinking of you with love and hope.
Marina xxx

Sending huge heartfelt hugs to you Andie - you and your family are very much in my thoughts and prayers
Lozza Xxx

Andie, I simply couldn't pass this by. What terribly sad news. Wishing you peace and love with your family and friends.

Alison

Hello Andie
I saw your earlier post and then read down and was so sad to read your later one. I couldn't leave the thread without sending you lots of love and a big hug. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You will always find friends on here if you need a chat x x

Andie, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. We all live in dread for this news and hearing it happen to you just brings it all home to us. Sheding a tear for you now......I think now is the time to eat all those naughty things which we say "no" to, drink Baileys for breakfast if you wish, watch rubbish tv and spend time with your family and friends. hugs to you .....xxxx

Hi Andie, I have just come on this thread to see if i could help and just read your very sad news. Although I don't even know you my heart goes out to you and your family and will keep you in my prayers xx

Oh Andie!

That is shocking news indeed. How frightfully soon after being diagnosed too.

I cannot begin to imagine how you get your head around this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rose xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Unfortunately I have received the devestating news today that my liver mets have failed to respond to chemo and my liver is close to complete shut down. I have been refered to the pallative care team with a prognosis of weeks rather than months. We are very much a family in shock.

Andiexx

Hi about 3 years ago I had a similar problem with stomach swelling, however, this was not cancer related. After various tests I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid which was slowing down my digestion and was prescribed thyroxine tablets which sorted my problem. Not sure if this helps but thought I would mention. Maybe best to raise with your consultant/gp?

hi what treatment are you having you may be retaining fluuid x

Hi AndieT

Sorry to learn of your secondary diagnosis. I have put for you below the link to one of BCC's publications for secondary breast cancer, I hope you find it helpful. You might also like to join our live chat sessions on Tuesday evenings where you can chat with others with similar diagnosis as yourself in real time. Live chat runs for an hour between 8.30 pm and 9.30 pm, just follow the links below.

Secondary publication: http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc...

Live chat: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

I hope this helps. Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

swollen stomach and liver mets

Hi
I was recently dx with liver, bone and lung mets and am one chemo cycle into new regime. The problem I have is by evening time my stomach is exteremly distended and uncomfortable. I look about 6 month pregnant.It goes down to a certain degree overnight but not completely. Has anyone any suggestions how to deal with this .The only way I can get comfortable is by going to bed which is ridiculous at 8pm.

Thanks in advance

Andie