Did you mean: 

taking trial drugs abroad

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: taking trial drugs abroad

You won't need jabs going from uk to the canaries, we go there all the time xx 

Highlighted

Re: taking trial tablets abroad

Sorry, should have said "mind", not "mine". Typo!

Highlighted

I believe you mentioned going to Canary Islands. Are you certain you actually need jabs?  Unless the rules have changed since Christmas (when I was last there) I wasn't aware that it was necessary. Worth checking up, if only to set your mine at rest.

PoppyJ

Highlighted

thanks poopyj, I get the feeling that it's perfectly normal to carry tablets in your hand luggage, I just wonder when they would ever enforce the strict rules. This was a spur of the moment booking, and we've just read that you'r esupposed to see your doctor 4-6 weeks before you go, to get innoculations - that isn't going to happen either.

Highlighted

I've never packed my meds in hold luggage in case it goes missing. If you take them in hand luggage you know where they are, and if challenged I would just explain that they are essential prescribed drugs. Having said that I've never been questioned either at an airport or dock. Maybe your GP could give you a note to take with you if you're still concerned. Hope you have a nice break.

PoppyJ

Highlighted

thanks for that Jobey, I'm sure i'm worrying about nothing. It's just that if they are confiscated, I don't stand much chance of replacing them.

Highlighted

I've travelled abroad twice since my diagnosis and carried my Tamoxifen in my hand luggage along with Diazipam and my antidepressents without any problems, I did pack extras in my suitcase just In case but had no issues Xx 

Highlighted

taking trial drugs abroad

oops - duplicate post