tamoxifen alternative

I have been on tamoxifen for 6weeks and quite frankly I feel like an emotional wreck… I stopped sleeping so was put on sleeping pills… My joints ache like ime 90…ime 43… My emotions are all over the place as worry and anxiety over future reoccurrence of BC…I cry… Is there an alternative to this tamoxifen… How do I find out my reoccurrence with nd with out tamoxifen as have been told my BC sayge 1 grade 1… Is estrogen based as per menopausal… Sutrely if its estrogen based there is other stuff I can take to do the tamoxifen job without all the side effects… I have2 kids and I think its very unfair to them to b seeing me like this …

Hi Tracy
I am sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time at the moment, along with the support you will find here please call our helpliners to talk this over, lines are open again in the morning 9-5 (weekdays) and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

There is a thread running about different brands of tamoxifen which may be of some interest to you:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/Tamoxifen-Brands/td-p/691203

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Tracy

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Can I make a suggestion. Have you tried changing the brand of Tamoxifen that you are taking? I was completely ready to give up on Tamoxifen while I was taking Relonchem, but since going back to a different brand. Things are more bearable now!

Definitely worth giving a different brand ago, before you consider stopping or taking an alternative. Sending you a ((((((big hug))))))) sounds like you could do with one! Xxxx

Totally fed up of the whole experience and there’s absolutely nothing I can do… I am sick and tired of this constant worry I find myself in and ime pretty sure it’s these tablets messing with my emotions…