tamoxifen

Hi - is anyone else on tamoxifen for bc mets? How long have you been on it? How have you found it and has it worked for long?

Hi bc-lass I was given tamoxifen when diagnosed with bone mets but couldn’t cope with the side effects which was strange as I also took it for 5years after primary with not too many problems. I have read of others taking it for mets but as to how long it works for is I think very individual as with all the hormone treatments it varies so much. Hope it works well for you and is kind on se too. Xx

Hi its fatigue that gets me and hot flushes at night. What hormonal are you on now desi-2?

Hi. I am on tamoxifen partly as follow up treatment after primary bc but also for secondary brain met which was HER2. I have been on it for over a year. When I started I did get hot flushes and night sweats but now seem to have settled. Do get stiff joints though and I do feel more tired but never sure if that is due to tamoxifen or just all connected to secondary mets. Hope this helps. Olives

Hi bc-lass,

I’m on it for the second time (first time was after primary diagnosis). We decided to try it as a treatment after the 2 types of AIs failed, (I would have liked to try Faslodex but it is not funded at my hospital). I’ve been on it since January and the last scan showed stable disease so I am hoping it will work for a while. I’m lucky in that it’s an easy treatment for me - I didn’t feel bad on the AIs, just a bit of stiffness really, but I feel better on tamoxifen. Although having said that I did get endometrial cancer last time I was on it! But that was 8 years ago now and I had a hysterectomy at the time.

All the best with your treatment,

Tournesol

Hi,BC lass,I was on tamoxifen for bone mets,but sadly it didn’t work for me. I did get terrible muscle pain and a roaming rib pain that wasn’t a met! Night sweats and extremely tired.
Some people get no SEs some do.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone - Belinda my periods have stopped since chemo so would I need monthly inj if I changed to other pre meno tabs? I do get a full feeling like im due a period but it never happens and spasms in that area too.

Hi izzy63 thats really good - what kind of mets do you have?

Hi  - I have been tamoxifen for nearly 1 year.  I have mets to lungs and rib.  My last scan in May showed all was stable.  I work full time and cycle everyday to work.  I had my ovaries taken out in December to stop my periods.  My onc said it would give me more options.  I am HER- which after reading posts on this forum seems not to be too good.  There seems to be more drugs for HER+.  Is anyone out there who is HER- and doing well.   No side affects for tamoxifen - I do get tired but then again I work full time and have 4 children so I think its just normal.  XX

Bones and lungs too. Have been stable since ive been on tamoxifen - dec 2013. I gwt tired too. Work part time and have two kids. Her -ve also. X

Hi girls, I have been stable on tamoxifen for 2 years. I took early retirement last year on ill health xx

Where are your mets **bleep**?