tearful

Hello Wintersocks here,

I was diagnosed on Monday gone and I am seeing the oncologist on Tuesday with a CT scan on Weds.

I feel…like I cannot see any more docs (I have a great mistrust of them, owing to a previous mis-diagnosed illness,I was ill for 10 years and diagnosed myself) and this is is even before I have started treatment.

I feel the challenge is too great for me to deal with at times…

What can I do?

Hi Wintersocks,

It’s so important to feel like you have some sort of control here so would suggest you make a list of questions to ask the onc. S/he should be able to tell you what they have found and if you have had biopsies taken, it will be important to know the hormone status of your BC.

Is someone going with you to the appointment? It really helps to have another pair of ears and someone to back you up. You really need to be able to trust your onc and I know it might seem difficult to do at the moment. You can also get support from the breast cancer nurses and remember, if you are unhappy, you can ask for a second opinion.

Good luck

Laurie x

Hi wintersocks,

I agree totally with what Laurie has just said. Start a fresh with this Oncologist, just because you have had trouble in the past it doen’t mean that it will follow you in bad doctors.

You need a list of questions to ask, so be prepared to get as much of wht they know written down so you can ponder afterwards, ddo take someone with you as support, a prompt and also they are more likely to remeber far more as they are slightly more detatched, so far you test etc are the standard first things to be done and hopefully you will feel less vunerable with the more knowledge you hold.

Do look after yourself and what ever feelings manifest, go with them and then try and move on, its all about coping stage by stage…

Sending Hugs and luv

Clare xxx