cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tests on Thursday

16 REPLIES 16
findingnemo

Re: tests on Thursday

Hi Cathy Cathy,I had three links going at once ! I didnt realise ..

heres what I posted on the other - thanks for asking - it meant loads to me

Hi All , I am out ! I am OK.

I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I would be , the rain was a huge distraction this morning , dodging puddles and small rivers, I had some fun with my mum , she came with me. My appt was 0935. I sat in a room with a lot of other people who were watching the tv, I was people watching , there seemed to be a mixture of people, not all in for what I was in for.
My name was called about 1015, my stomach did a summersault but I was greeted with a smile from the nurse .that made a huge impression on me.
I was taken to a small room, asked to take my bra off ,keep my tee shirt on while the DR came and spoke with me, he had such a warm bedside manner.
He asked numberous questions about my lumpectomy , where the pain is , when the pain occurs. Then after my life was put on paper he examined me. He noticed lumps ,but they were the same in both breasts so he wasn’t concerened, and where I thought I may have another lump he said it would be the scar tissue.
I was sent for a scan by my Doctor but he said they didn’t perform then at this hosp ! hmmm.. So my mum asked if I was to have a mammogram , he said I was too young , 37, because the area in a younger persons breast has too much mass and nothing would be seen. I had no needles,cos there wasn’t a lump, the needle didn’t bother me really, in the end, because I remember the needle not hurting last time, just ached a bit afterwards.
So I was sent home with a leaflet about lotions and potions to cure me ! lol – evening primrose oil , or Starflower and other medicines. I don’t mind the natural stuff,but not the medical tablets suggested,I wont be taking them .
The nurse has breast pain, she empathised, I told her my concern was because the pain was where I had my lumpectomy.
I feel really lucky , after reading more on this site last night, I felt a fraud when I came out of hosp this morning , because so many ladies are going thro such tough times on here.

Thanks to everyone for the cyber hugs and good wishes.
I am hooked to this site now , I am staying 🙂

Love
Rachel

cathy1367

how are you ? Hi Rachel, just wondering how things went on Wednesday and how you are.

LOL

Cathy

debbi

tests good luck rach for tomorrow.I will still be coming on the site hopefully when we are settled in cyprus.I wanted to go on saturday I need a break after all that. lol debbi x x

philomena

cyprus Are you leaving for Cyprus because of the party or despite it? love and laughter from P. xx

findingnemo

advert Hi Debbi, lol made me laugh that, sounds like on of those adverts on the tv for getting whites claener than white ! lol muddy partys, fabulous! better than food fights! Well done you for getting through it... Cyprus - WOW sounds exciting, looks like I am sticking around on this site cos there are so many strong ladies here ! got to see how they all are doing.. so keep in touch -
:)
hug
Rach

ps.. wednesday ..hmm... my tests ! 0935, its going to have to be mind over matter I think 🙂

debbi

Hi rachel and philomena Well the party went well I think my nerves are a bit shot though , oh my word, 6 year old boys are CRAZY.They did play pass the parcel but then proceeded to fight with the paper that was pulled off every time so took twice as long to play after about half an hour my hubby opened the patio door and they all ran off screeching to the garden to play football, rugby, wrestling etc etc I am sure their mums were happy that they went home covered in grass and mud but oh well good fun was had by alll and I hope they remember it for years to come too.We are moving to cyprus at the end of january too so it was probably the last chance for him to PARTY with all of his little mates.

findingnemo

Good luck with the party Debbi Good luck with the party Debbi, lots of kids,lots of fun, not too many jelly fights now ! lol

Philomena, lol definately a delaying tactic for more cyberhugs 🙂
I think about it a lot so the sooner the tests are over the better. hoping its old scar tissue touching a nerve, something like that.

have a good weekend

hugs
Rachel

philomena

Hi Debbi!

Couldn\'t resist replying to your cri de coeur! I can recall with horror (tempered with amusement now that so much time has passed) a large party I gave for my son\'s 6th bday when I decided to invite his entire class!

I spent hours in advance, planning everything out - games, food, entertainment. In the event everything went out of the window including some of the more adventurous of the little guests. Every game we played ended with everyone in a heap in the middle of the floor. Food became ammunition. The entertainer never turned up.

The kids talked about it for years afterwards as their best ever party.

Future birthdays were celebrated with trips out!

The very best of luck! Love from P xx

And hello to Rachel, too, and the best of British for the 6th December! Is this delaying tactic aimed at harvesting loads more cyberhugs? I\'m sending a space-full with love from P xx

debbi

hiya i read that your appointment was changed good luck x xyou might want to give me your luck as I am having a party AT HOME for 22 six year olds on saturday.. oh my god... these drugs are definitley killing my brain cells... lol .. debbi x

findingnemo

thx philomena philomena thx 2cu too 🙂 means a lot to me ,your reply on the other forum filled me with +ve energy - Rachx

findingnemo

thx debbi my appt has been changed to Wed 6th Dec - 0935- thanks for staying with me darling - Rachel x

debbi

thinking of you good luck on thursday rachel x x debbi x x

philomena

Hi Rachel

I found your post on the other site so I\'ve replied to it there!

Will be thinking of you on Thursday and sending lots of good luck!

Love and cyberhugs, P xx

findingnemo

Hi Debbi, made me smile that, watching it all on tv. Even though I had a fine needle aspiration when I was 20 , I still am a bit scared about it , I never knew of a core biopsy then,because after the fine needle, they removed the lump..you have just made it seem easier, giving me a smile - thanks
Rachel

debbi

core biopsy Hi finding nemo, if its the needles you are worried about, dont be they numb the area first, I had a core biopsy and watched everything on screen and could not feel it at all. debbi xand thats what we are all on here for..... someone will listen to us....

findingnemo

tests on Thursday Hiya,
I think I posted my concerns on the wrong link previous, I was so in awe at how strong everyone is one here , I thought there was only one link on this site, then learned more of the website, after I had posted.
My problem felt minimal compared to everyone else. I have a persistent pain where I had a lumpectomy 17 years ago, and have to go for an ultrasound scan on Thursday, maybe a mammogram and if anything is found, either a fine needle aspiration or a core biopsy, the thought of which is scaring me a bit of I am honest. I think there is another small bean size lump, but it could be scar tissue, only Thursday will tell.
When I found my first lump it didn’t hurt . I don’t really know why this does, suppose I am thinking out loud and am glad there is a place to be able to do it.
I will let you all know how Thursday goes¦
Thanks for listening
Rachel

findingnemo

tests on Thursday

tests on Thursday