the never-ending story

Had a ‘repeat prescription’ review with GP as am on arimidex and mentioned muscle cramps in legs and mild sciatica that I’ve had before and wasn’t linking with arimidex. The next thing I know OH phones me at work to say I’ve been summoned for a bone scan - results due Friday last week at my routine appointment in onco! Really wanted to discuss with onco first as I thought this was a bit of an over-reaction, but gave in and went to hospital for the injection of radioacive thingy. Hung about in hosp coffee bar for 3 hours reading caravan weekly or something as couldn’t go back to work and sit next to pregnant person while radioactive. On Friday, search party sent off for scan results as no-one had any idea I’d had one. Turned out they’d found hot spot on spine so more bloods and off to x-ray for another scan. Very happy to hear today that no nasties found, just 2 worn out old-lady discs, although now have to have bone density scan, VitD and phosphate levels test, oh deep joy.

Well actually the hosp staff are great, I’m okay as far as anyone can tell, and anyway who wouldn’t want them to be vigilant? It’s just that my son’s fiancee died of bc last year, my OH has prostate cancer, can’t think of any scan he hasn’t had and chemo is now on the cards for him, and there’s not been a clear 3-month period in the last 6 years when one of us wasn’t waiting for some test result or another. And don’t think I don’t count my blessings because I have lots and I do, but it would be just great to get off the cancer wagon occasionally wouldn’t it!

Really glad nothing sinister showed up.
Yes it would be more than a miracle to get off this cancer roller coaster.
Love Debsxxx

“Hung about in hosp coffee bar for 3 hours reading caravan weekly or something as couldn’t go back to work and sit next to pregnant person while radioactive.”

That really made me laugh Highball.
What a bizarre parallel universe this cancer thing leads us into …

Good luck with everything - you and yours have really been through the wringer.