the start of chemo

this is about a family member who has had her first chemo session and has lost her hair today.

She doesnt want to see anyone understandably but i want to make her a pamper box instead of flowers.

i want to put some manuka honey in it and some other bits but just wondering what else would be a good idea to put in it?

if anyone could give me an ideas whatsoever id be so grateful! this lady has cared for people all her life and id really like to do something for her!

also what is the best manuka honey to get as ive seen different numbers? very confussing! 

thankyou! xxxxx

Hi minniemouse…what a lovely thought.  Just a few ideas (don’t know anything about Manuka honey though, sorry!):

• Pretty scarf, beany or chemo hat with a stretchy headband
  • Relaxation CD
  • Short novel or collection of poems/stories
  • Mindfulness colouring book/coloured pencils
  • Jelly type sweets
  • Scented tealights
  • Ginger biscuits/sweets
  • Lipstick
  • Luxury bath/shower/body/hand products
  • Fizzy water (elderflower is good), ginger beer or some ‘interestng’ cordial e.g. lemon and honey or pomegranate
  • A diary…so she can write appointments, medication, side effects, how she’s feeling etc.

Anything you know your family member would really love, but possibly wouldn’t go and out buy herself.  I am sure she will be delighted :slight_smile:

The other thing I appreciated was genuine offers of practical help…not ‘do you need anything from the shops’, but ‘I’m going to A and B…what would you like me to get for you’…or ‘pop your ironing in a bag, and I’ll do it for you’ etc…

You sound like a very thoughtful and caring person…I found out who my true family and friends were during treatment…those who went the extra mile and those who ‘crossed the street!!!’.  I hope the treatment is kind to your family member…take care J x