the waiting game...

Great this site exists! It has been great to read everyone’s stories and its always comforting to know that I’m not the only one going through this. So I thought it was time for me to dip my toe on the water and introduce myself.

I was dx on 19 dec with both a 27mm tumour plus a 30mm high grade DCIS calcification in my left breast, and I am booked in for 2nd Feb for mx with immediate recon (implant).

After my mri scan last week ‘something’ was noticed on my right breast so now going for further biopsy on Friday. It could be something or it could be nothing. As well as this the consultant is also now warning me that I amy now need chemo or radiotherapy which I had hoped to avoid and which I know may cause problems for the implant.

I am staying positive and Im taking each day as it comes, but I must say the constant ‘waiting room game’ is becoming more that a little wearing!! Although I also appreciate having some time to also come to terms with it all.

I get results next Tuesday so keeping fingers crossed all will be as well as can be, and that surgery will go ahead on Thursday. Although with my birthday on the Friday, it’s not the best timing! I’m comforting myself with the facts that I get a new starter breast for my birthday and more importantly a fighting chance against this life changing disease.

Hello shubuu

Welcome to the forums, I’m so pleased that you are already finding it so supportive.

We also have a helpline that you may want to call and talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information.
The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi shubuu

Good luck for Friday.

Keep posting and you will get help on the forums.

Maj

Hi shubuu,

You’ve come to the right place for support. I know what you mean about the ‘waiting game’ it’s the pits!

I hope your results next Tues are good, and MX surgery goes ahead Thurs. Let us know

Libby