thermal imaging

thermal imaging

thermal imaging have seen advertised recently clinics who do thermal imaging privately (costs between £100-£200 ) . I am having chemo for my 2nd primary in right breast in 7 years and have been told that I will only have a 2 yearly mammo as 1 yearly mammos can cause problems. I am concerned about this as my recent surgery removed 2 tumours and one of these did not show on mammo( it was picked up by biopsy done during WLE) - I then went on to have a mastectomy. I feel that as thermal imaging is non invasive It is something I will pay to have done. I’m told by the BC nurse that this is not done on NHS yet as it hasn’t been shown to pick up problems any sooner with the ladies they see. Does anyone have any views on this? Thank you also to the ladies who replied re: FEC and headaches.

No replies Hi lindypoops

I was very interested in your post and am somewhat disappointed that you have had no replies so far as I would have been interested, like you, to find out more about this. I wonder if ‘current issues’ was the right forum for this (can’t think what would be the right one) perhaps the Moderator could help here?

blondie

Helpline and Ask the Nurse info Hi lindyloops and blondie

You are welcome to contact our helpline or ‘Ask the Nurse’ service for information regarding thermal imaging.

The helpline number is 0808 800 6000 and is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

The ‘Ask the Nurse’ service is available on this page above the chat forums/live chat tab on the left hand side.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi LIndypoops Think I saw something about this on an american program not so long ago called ‘Your Cancer Today.’ My memory is still awfull, so I can’t remember what they said and I can’t remember the channel, only that it was on sky. I’ll watch out for it and post the channel name when I see it again. They are in the process of updating their website, ‘yourcancertoday.com.’ Not a lot on it at present.

Saffire xx

Found Channel It’s on Tuesdays at 2.30pm, Sky channel OBE (159). It doesn’t just centre on BC tho. And remember it’s American so new reatments there may not necessary have reached this country.

Saffire x