thinning hair

i’ve finished my treatments of chemo surgery and rads and have been on tamoxifen since start of jan,hair had been returning quite curly and course and i have had a trim yay! however the last couple of days my scalp has started to feel a bit “tingly” and i think my hair appears thinner on top, i have started swimming x2 a week. Would the tamoxifen act this quickly? and would my hair continue to be thin over the 5 years,? i can’t say i’ve noticed any loose hair i’m not sure if it’s me being over sensitive or if it is thinning. any advice anyone!

Whilst I can’t give you a definitive answer, it may be partly that ‘normal hair loss’ is being resumed as your hair recovers? If you look at any reputable trichology (sp?)website you will discover that ‘average’ hair loss is in the region of 50 - 120 hairs a day. I noticed about a month ago that I was starting to shed a few hairs and was mildly perturbed until I started counting… oh, about 10-20, so maybe normal? Also I’ve noticed that even a year on some hair is only now starting to grow back, especially around the ‘widows peaks’ which can be a bit itchy/tingle at times too.

Is your experience at all similar? Hopefully it will not turn out to be thinning/loss.

thanks revcat i haven’t noticed any hair coming out it’s just i seem to be spreading the hair about to fill in the gaps!and the tingly feeling is similar to when i started the chemo so i’m thinking the worst (as you do)i’ll try and keep it in perspective tho after reading what is the norm,glad to hear it’s not just me with a tingly head thanks again for replying,hope your keeping well x