timescale between surgery and chemo starting?????

Hi everyone was wondering if people could tell me how long they waited between surgery and first oncology appt to first chemo? Thanks and hugs xx

Hi
I had my mastectomy 18 days ago ( feels a lifetime ago!) I have been told I have been referred to oncologist and if I haven’t heard by a week on Friday to give them a call. Surgeon thought I would wait another 4 weeks till chemo. As much as I am dreading it I just want it here! They said there is a very small unexplained thing on my lived that he doesn’t think is cancer but if it is the likelihood is the chemo would get rid of it. So give me the chemo now please! Xxx

Its horrible all the waiting. Hospital have given me earlier oncology appt now which is next week. As I was wIting till end of month which seemed ages away. I feel the same as you dreading it but just want it all over. Slightly scared now. Hooe whatever is on your liver gets zapped by the chemo. Its all such a worry isnt it xx

Hiya i had my mastectomy 27th jan and have my results 12th feb. I assume i will be told then when my chemo starts but my dr did say it usually starts 3wks after surgery depending on recovery.All the Best x

Hi, I had my MX and lymph nodes out 24th January and see the surgeon this Wednesday for results. The nurse said its usually four weeks after opp, which sounds right because next week Onc and then think I start week after that.  Good Luck and Hugs Suzanne xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies, I think the average time between surgery and chemo is approx 6 weeks after a mastectomy but may be sooner for a lumpectomy.

Take care and wishing you all a speedy time through chemo

Tracy XXX

Hello,

I had surgery December 5th and saw the oncologist on January 30th and starting chemo February 7th.

Hi Hay578, 

I had my mastectomy on 7th November, first appt with Onc on 25th November and 1st chemo on 12th Dec.

Hope this helps.

Hugs Jx