73.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tissue expander or other reconstruction?

3 REPLIES 3
elizabeth_dian

Re: tissue expander or other reconstruction?

Thks for your reply:)I go 20th Feb for Surgeon Consultation,I haven't got much body fat,so prefer less invasive procedure,been told Surgeon wud prefer to do other reconstruction for better result because of my slight weight,I am sticking with asking for T.Ex.like you.Happy to hear yours sounds Fabulous.Tho u for your info 🙂

Zuleika

Hi I had a tissue expander on my left side after masctectomy . It was all fine and looked good. I had it swapped to a softer silicone implant, as is also had an implant on my good side. This is so that I had symmetry. The tissue expander was fine and I could have left it, but once inflated, it looked so good that I ended an implant on the other side. The only irritation was the inflation port under my ape it, which was a bit uncomfortable at times. I could t have any other form of reconstruction, as I didn't have enough body ffat.
I'm wondering if your surgeon is a plastic surgeon and therefore is skilled at a more complex op.
Good luck x
Lucy_BCC

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your queries and concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to the BCC reconstruction information which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery/reconst...

Take care
Lucy BCC

elizabeth_dian

tissue expander or other reconstruction?

Plz can someone advise me.I prefer to go for tissue expander on right side.Surgeon says better result with other reconstruction due to my slight under 8st frame:(I suffer Rheumatoid Arthritis/suffer pain±have 6monthly Infusions.Can I feel justified in going for less invasive surgery is.tissue expander than the full reconstruction with extra back scar,pain,longer to recover!!!I'd appreciate some comments plz:)