told son i wasnt worried.. what a lie

hi to all, I received a letter to go for a mammagram and thought i would check for the lump my doctor said he couldnt feel, this was last summer, i felt it then as a pea now its more like a marrowfat i also have a swelling under my armpit but no pain. im scared because im scared if that makes sence, a few years ago i had a biopsy on a lump in my other breast and i was fine i just knew it would be ok and it was but now im shaking like a jelly its all i think of, mybe its because of my age im 49 geting on a bit or mybe because i havnt told anybody only my eldest son hes 31 and he looked really scared so im gonna keep it to myself no point in worrying everyone. my mammagram is on the 16 of this month in one way carnt wait in another i dont want to go… how silly is that

Hi picklepear

Welcome to the forums, Please also feel free to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 if you have further queries or wish to talk your concerns over with someone in confidence. The line is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm.

Best wishes
Katie

Hi,
Its not silly. but know how you feel.I was diagnosed last Oct, but didn’t tell my 23 yr old son until I had all of the tests and was sure.We are very close and since then he has been supportive but kept me normal, doing his washing etc.The waiting is the worst but keep positive
xx

Hi

I was the same, I have 5 kids and didnt tell them until I needed to go into hospital. There were actually a couple I could have told and they would have been ok but my eldest would have flipped out she suffers from depression and sees the worst in everything. I think everyone treats it differently.

I hope everything goes ok for you, if you need to talk we are here.

Yvonne x

hi thank-you to both of you for taking the time to reply, Its times like this i wished i had a partner, things must be bad coz i wouldn’t have had one given a few days ago : }. iv been divorced now for 8 years i have 4 children all grown up iv only told my oldest lives at home with me. I’m happy there a place to come to ease the worry, i think i might go mad with what if this happens and what if that happens. thank-you again wishing you both well … carol x

Hi Carol

Im sorry you havent anyone to talk to but hey you found us, and as you probably know if you have been reading these threads this is a pretty scarey time for you and we have all been there. If you need to just ask or come on here and have a rant.

Let us know how you get on wont you.

Yvonne xx