Did you mean: 

total exhaustion

12 REPLIES 12
jillybee

Re: total exhaustion

It will pass.....love the idea of being a Victorian maiden
takeadeepbreath

I am also wiped out after wle and snb on 28th but I felt fine the day after. Its only now that I'm feeling the effects of the GA which my husband pointed out. Usually walking the dog doesn't leave me languishing on the sofa like a Victorian maiden. There s also the stress of waiting for the path lab test which is constantly at the back of my mind. 

When will all this stress end ? Probably never.

manathu

The hospital recommended taking one paracetamol & one ibroproven together. It worked for me. Hope you feel better soon

mad4cavs

ive had 4 weeks since diagnosis off work and wont be going back until after treatment finished,i am a nurse and definatley nurses make the worse patients,its very hard being on the other side,i felt i wouldnt have been safe careing for others when my heads not fully there, i am going to rest more its very hard when your usually the one that makes everything tick over , but now its time for me to take the back seat ,

vic55

I was surprised just how tired the GA made me, but husband pointed out it is that and the lack of sleep after diagnosis! Take it easy and don't feel bad when feel tired. Do little more each day and don't rush. Had WLE and SNB took 10 days off work and struggled when back
Jobey68

I've always been an early riser with our old dog so would be up by 6 am every day , we got a new puppy a few weeks before my diagnosis this year but hubby has been up early dealing with her and got her in to the habit of going back to sleep until we all get up for work so I get an extra couple of hours now so am feeling fine but it does floor you for a while so make the most of resting when you can xx
mad4cavs

ive decided to go for an afternoon nap tomorrow ,i am getting up early 6am a habit i have ,so its a long day so now im going to try to unwind and relax a little,and rest

mael

Aww, mad4cavs, the sheer stress can floor a person, much harder than a knife 😞

I almost went psychotic while waiting for the biopsies results, and now I am scared of the post-op anxiety. The only thought that would have consoled me in such state is that there's no imminent danger, the house is not on fire, your world isn't about to fall on your head. Here and now, you can nest yourself in a little cocoon. Take a deep breath. Relax. Have a long sleep. Tomorrow will certainly be better because your body will have recuperated a bit and there will be less space for the anxiety.

love xxx

mael

Jobey68

I found I had to have an afternoon snooze after my op or was hanging by tea time, didn't feel much in the way of pain though and the stress of waiting on results adds to your fatigue I think as felt like a new women once I'd got them, hope your feeling better soon xx Jo
mad4cavs

i was on co codamol 30 /500 that doesnt usually affect me ,but as i say i now feel exhausted since operation,i am now taking paracetamol if needed ,theres not much pain ,but i do think it must be the op combined with the stress of waiting for treatment to begin ,the waiting is the worse i think

Kiki2

Hi, I was shattered for a few weeks, it takes a good while for the anaesthetic to get out of your system. Take it steady and sleep when you need to! Xx
mael

Wow, mad4cavs, sounds awful. Are you in much pain? Or just very tired? It's still an operation, albeit minor, I wouldn't expect to be galloping around from the get go. I am due for the same soon and I plan to slumber for one week at least. Which pain relief are you using, if any?

mad4cavs

total exhaustion

i am absolutley shattered  had WLE snb on thursday gone and am now totally washed out,i am usually on the go from morning to night i can now hardly function ,i make myself get up and go for short wlks how long does this last ,its getting to me,ive stopped taking analgesia it was making me constipated,only in discomfort that i can put up with now, please tell me it passes ,i thought it might be the effects of the GA or the radioactive dye to find the sentinal node.