triple negative with lung mets, is there any hope:(

Hi everybody
Sorry for such a down start. I was diagnosed on May but only found out I am triple negative. I knw about the lungs ‘multiple small nodules to both sides’ and now I have been looking for info on both I am really scared.
It looks like there is no treatment??? I am having chemo first to shrink a lump and possibly lung mets. My ONC has said let’s see how that goes. My lump has shrunkl a lot on FEC and I’ve read TN is very responsive to chemo. But what will happen after chemo?
I’m sorry this is all so panicky. I have been coping ok with it all since treatment started (just had second FEC) but I am really scared now especially as I have 2 young children?
Does anyone have any advice for me or anyone gone through similar. I would really appreciate any replies that can help.

Thanks

annabel xxxx

Hi Annie,
So sorry to hear of your dx I completely understand what your going through as i was dx with both a primary and multiple lung mets to both lungs in March last year, since then I have done chemo FEC x1 then changed to Taxotere x5 this worked beautifully and shrank the primary lump from 6cm to 2mil!!! and made all the lung mets tiny, then I had a mx followed by rads that finished in Jan this year. It sounds like your onc and team are on the case with it and that you have responded well to the chemo so far, please keep as positive as possible (god knows I know how hard that is).
Do you suffer with any lung mets symptoms? or are you asymptomatic? (my cancer is ER+ 4/8, PR- and HER2+ if you go on my profile I have put a link to my blog where I have written extensively on the subject) I am not TN but there are other lung mets ladies on here that are I think laura64 is one, you could always post on the triple negative thread or try doing a search. There are loads of chemo’s to try I’ve read before its like finding the right shoe that fits, once your initial blast at it is out of the way they will probably put you on a low dose chemo that will keep you stable, but its early days yet, take each day at a time, you could beat it with this inital round of chemo. I would think they will offer you surgery either mastectomy or lumpectomy, I had a full mastectomy with lymph node removal, there was no way I was going to leave anything nasty behind.
Really hope this helps, and that someone who is TN will come on and comment soon.
Sending you lots of love and light
sarahlouise xx

Hi Annie40

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis and the difficult time you are having. It might be useful to read the BCC fact sheet on secondary breast cancer in the lung as it explains what it is and some of the treatments that may be offered. If you would like to read this on line or oder a copy just use this link:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-lung-bcc40

Also you may find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline. Here you can share your feeings and concerns with someone who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information. The number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open from 10 to 2pm today and 9 to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hello Annie

So sorry to hear you have had to join us here, but please do come onto the triple neg thread. You will find there is plenty of support there from those if us in similar situations. There are a few others recently diagnosed and some of us further along the road. It takes a while to get to know everyone but it is worth it and we are a friendly bunch. Some of us are health professionals and that is great too. It’s just a good space to share good and not so good experiences.
I have lung mets too and bone mets. There are lots if treatments out there and for me they have at least helped me to keep stable. Everyone is so different and oncologists are different in their approaches. It is possible you will have a chemo break after this lot. I had a break for ten months with no progression - then onto another type of chemo. So please don’t despair. It’s a tough journey but there are plenty of good moments too.
See you on the triple neg thread I hope.
Hugs
Tara xxx

Hi annie i just want to say I’m tn also with lung mets I’m on xeloda but is working well for nearly 7 months now it’s shrinking the mets and still working there are lots of chemo out there I’m 48 with 3 boys it’s very scarey but chemo does work well for us tn ladies sometimes it’s just finding the right one I’m happy for u to pm if u wanna chat anytime fec worked well on my lump where abouts are you wat hos u under tc Laura

I wish to give special thank for this useful content I really appreciate this wonderful post.
Thanks

bump