Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tubulolobular bc

8 REPLIES 8
hildabaker

Re: tubulolobular bc

Hi Ladies

Thanx for all your feedback. Lyndu that was interesting, I dont know what E-cadherin positive is either!!! I must say I was told that if you were going to get BC it was 'one of the best to have'. Obviously I would have preferred none, but there you go.

When I was first dx I never realised how many types there are and when you think about it, it is a huge learning curve for us all.

Reading a lot of these threads on different pages makes you realise just how many types there are and all the different treatment regimes.

Thanks to you all once again.

Hope you are all keeping relatively well.

Take Care

Elaine xxx

walton

Hi Elaine mine was the same as toffee's though they did take 6 lymphs which were clear and the lump was only 6mm so also rads and Arimidex for 5yrs.take care xxx

toffee

Hi Elaine,

I had tubular bc May this year and had wle and node biopsy and they were clear. Sorry that you have been through so much as I only had rads for 4 weeks. I'm now on tx for 5yrs or that may change as I get older and complete the menopause. I'm being followed up every 3 months.

I've been told that it is quite rare but that you still have to go through the same treatment as the any other bc. No chemo for me as I was lucky and had no lymph node involvement.

Hope things are better for you now.

Jo

lyndu

From the Stanford University notes on lobular, there's a brief note that says -
-------------
Tubulolobular Carcinoma of the Breast
Definition
* Infiltrating carcinoma exhibiting both ductal and lobular differentiation
Alternate/Historical Names
* Tubulo-lobular carcinoma
Diagnostic Criteria
* Must have classic grade I cytologic features
* Intimately mixed tubular and linear architecture
o Overall infiltrative pattern is that of lobular carcinoma
o Considered by some to be a variant of lobular carcinoma
* E-cadherin positive
------------
Don't know what the E-cadherin does! But this sounds like it's a mixture of cell types

Lyn

dotchas

I had tubular BC and was told it was the cells that were tubular in shape as opposed to the tumour.But the word lobular was not mentioned.

This is from Cancer Research website
"Tubular breast cancer
Tubular cancer of the breast is named ‘tubular’ because the cells have a tubular shape when looked at under a microscope. Only about 1 in 100 breast cancers (1%) are tubular cancers.

Treatment is the same as with other types of invasive breast cancer. But you may not need to have your lymph nodes removed. This type of breast cancer is also less likely than other types to come back after treatment. So, the outlook is generally good"

My surgeon said it was the best type to have if you have BC but I am not sure if tubulobular is a different type

Lynni

Interesting. How was your cancer detected. My mammo came back clear, lump appeared 4 weeks later. Told if i'd had mri it would have been detected. Lobular cancer doesnt often show on mammo until later stages apparently.

Lynne

hildabaker

Hi Lynne

Apparently it is similar to lubular bc, but the tumour resembles a tube like mass. I assume where you would normally feel a round lump this is more long and thin,but cant seem to find that much about it. Thanks for your response.

Love Elaine xx

Lynni

Hi hildabaker

I had lobular bc, whats tubulolobular

Lynne

hildabaker

tubulolobular bc

Hi all

Was dx last Oct 07 with tubulolobular bc. Quite rare apparently and was confused as to the grading as tumour size was 1cm and I had 1 in 5 lymph node involvement Grade 1. Mastectomy right breast Oct 07, chemo (FEC) x 6. Rads x 15days, hysterectomy and arimidex.

Any feedback gratefully recieved.

Love to all
Elaine