two weeks into diagnoses

I was diagnosed two weeks ago and have a date for the 13th June for a mastecomy. I am having good and bad days. One day i am positive and the next I just want to curl up and hide. It is still like a dream at the moment and i want to wake up and find it all over. i am dreading the op day.How does everyone cope , It is the hardest thing I have had to cope with.I just want my life back.
On a good note I have been reading that taking vitamin C can help the stop of cells and have also been told by a friend today that Camomile tea has something in that helps fight cancer, parsley and celary have the same thing in it too. It is all worth a try.

Hi Melena
i am pretty much three weeks in and have had a lumpectomy and OSNA test. Have to go back in next week for lymph node removal as one of those is showing positive, also appt with the consultant this evening to get rest of histology report.
I feel exactly like you, I had a really good day yesterday but am a bit wobbly today again. I just want to get in a cupboard and shut the door and come out hoping my life will be normal again.
i would say that since I found this site yesterday it has really felt like I am not alone and I suppose we just have to face this thing head on otherwise it ain’t going to go away, even though we are so frightened.
From reading all the lovely support on here it does get ‘better’ as time goes on.
Big hugs to you and keep coming here for support and keep talking.

debbie xxxx

Melena
When I was diagnosed (late March this year) I woke up for several days afterwards thinking it was all a dream. Sometimes I still have a moment where I can’t believe it. I’m still up and down. This is normal.
People will tell you that all sorts of things to eat/drink/do will help - some of them have no evidence and some of them have some - but I think if it makes you feel better and it isn’t too extreme, it makes you feel like you are doing something, at least. I drank lots of green tea and ate lots of turmeric and orange vegetables for a few weeks, now I’m being a bit less zealous :slight_smile:

Hi,

I was diagnosed in December. I had a lumpectomy and SNB followed by a cavity shave to get wider margins, and am now halfway through my chemo regime. From the day of dx and initial path lab results after tests I became a breast cancer scholar. I put myself in control of my situation and made sure I knew what I was dealing with, rather than allow the doctors to tell me and simply believe them. I very quickly discovered they filter out information they feel unimportant or to avoid overloading you, so I made sure I was given copies of all my histology reports.

I also Googled to find the actual breast cancer/chemo protocols for my hospital area. I found them easily, and was prepared for everything. I knew what treatments they ought to be giving me and when and in what order, what extra meds they would provide such as steroids, anti sickness etc. and i read up all about blood counts and neutropenia, and what my hospital does to help prevent all this. I honestly felt I could write a thesis on the subject!

That was my personal way of dealing with it. I was wrapped up in a bubble looking down on everything going on below and directing the operations!!!I am not one to bury my head in the sand and put my whole trust in other folk. Everyone is different though. It worked for me.

Good luck xxx

Thank you all for your kind words. It is so good that there are others out there going through the same. I am sure we will all come out the other end.

Melena, the op day was actually fine! Really really nervous but they were superb.
x

Thank you Rara. I am dreading the op day so you have helped.

Melena I had a MX in March this year and believe me the worst thing was waiting to be taken down to theatre and having to meet the anaesthetists who were waiting they just had a little chat with me and a joke or two then the main one gave me a small jab in my hand and I was talking away then the next thing I knew was waking up in my bed and feeling rather woozy from then on I was fine and a few hours later I was able to wash my face and clean my teeth a little later a nurse came and told me as soon as the Registrar came the discharge me I could go home but he did not come until around 3pm which was a long wait but the best thing was I had a lovely chicken lunch in cream sauce and all the trimmings as I had not eaten for 48 hrs it really did taste good I went home around 4pm So don’t be scared you will be fine all the best
Hilary xxxx