types of treatment

Everyone talks about their treatment and quotes letters I don’t understand!! I am having EC? haven’t seen any mention of this. Is there anyone out there having it. My first next week. Also where do you get the bandanas? I need a good on-line shop I think cos just feel uncomfortable trying to locate them in shops.

Hi Jew Jew

I too am on EC, had my first one 7 days ago - another 5 to go. some of the ladies abbreviate it it to Epi as it is called Epirubicin. It is red in colour and you will wee pink for about 24 hours(all fine dont worry) There is a lady on this site who had a good bandana website, still not up and running properley but you can still purchase stuff. Another one is a website called headcover.com. Even if the sites are american the ladies on here tell me the deliver quickly. I have purchased one from TK Max.

Good Luck for the remainder of your treatmet.

Lynne.x

Hi JJ,

Yeah, the E stands for Epirubicin. Those of us that are on E-CMF have Epi first, then followed by (normally) 4 cycles of C (Cyclophosphamide), M (Methotrexate) and F (Flurocil or 5FU). Many on here have FEC, which is as above minus the M. Hope that sort of makes sense? There’s so many different combinations and the abbreviations are definatley a nightmare!

Get yourself onto www. headcovers.com. It is an awesome american site which does all manner of scarves, bandanas and even eyebrows and stuff! Delivery is quick and reasonably inexpensive. Check out their terry towelling sleep hat. Its a must!

Take care and I hope your treatment goes well,

Kelly
-x-

Hi,

It does take some gettin use to with all the different initials people use.

Good luck with treatment.

Tracey x

Re Head Bandannas

I find Blacks the camping people have something called a buff. It is a very comfortable tube of material which can be used in several ways. Very easy to use as it doesn’t need to be tied and can be slipped on in seconds which is useful when you have to answer the door!

You can also search for the buff site on Google and there are hundreds of patterns etc. In the summer you can get some with UVA protection which sounds very useful.

Hope this helps.

Love Judy x