u3 lump

Hi everyone, in a first time poster on here but have read these forums b4. Ive been to breast clinics many times for cysts, fibroadenoma, papiloma so when i went yesterday i wasn’t that worried. I expected the lump to b a cyst. The guy doing the ultra sound said it was a solid lump though and wasn’t worried but wanted to do a core biopsy just to check. I then went back and saw the consultant and she told me the lump was classified as u3, she didn’t know what it was. IM so scared as she was far less reassuring and i have 2 weeks to wait for results. Has anyone been in a similar situation. IM 35, no children. Hope you are all ok and thanks for reading x

Hi lem26

Welcome to the forum.  Waiting for results is a really tough time.

It might help to talk over how you’re feeling with one of our Helpline staff.  The opening times tomorrow are 10-2 (and 9-5 on weekdays).  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi, I recently had a biopsy on my right breast which came back as a U3.  This week I had a vacuum assisted biopsy to try to get more info.  I wonder if anyone knows what the chances are of the result coming back as normal or is it more likely to come back as worse news?  I dont get the result until the 17th Oct and its driving me mad!

Hi there, less than 20 % come back as cancer but unfortunately mine did. Prepare urself but the odds are in ur favour. If u have any other questions do ask and i pray urs is benign x