ultrasound question

Hi. I noticed a “groove” in the tissue on my right breast during a self exam. I had a diagnostic mamogram and ultrasound on Wednesday this week. During the ultrasound, I saw small pulsing blue lines in the area of the tissue in question. The tech said it was just bloodflow indication, but wouldn’t it show all over then? The blue and some red lines were in very small contained areas. I have had 2 breast ultrasounds before and have never seen such lines before. Has anyone else seen such lines? What does it REALLY mean?

Hi

I’m not entriely sure but as far as I know they are blood flow lines.When I saw ultrasound my lump appeared in red and there was a smaller blue area beside it.

Try not to read much into the blue bit. I got terribly worked up about the blood flow thing. In my case it meant nothing.I also saw a red lump in my arm pit and it was an enlarged gland but not cancerous.

Your consultant needs all the info from all three tests before any diagnosis and at times one test may show something that is unsubstantiated when put with others.I have since been diagnosed with DCIS a non invasive cancer, stage 0.

Hope this helps!

Love

Freddiexxxxx

Hi Freddie!

Was just reading the thread as I am awaiting an ultrasound myself.
I’m sure artfreak will find your reply really useful and I have to say so have I, I really am not too sure what the ultrasound entails and i’m definately sure that if having seen this myself at the exam I too would have been wondering what the heck all this bloodflow stuff was about :slight_smile:

Feel a little more prepared now :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything and good luck to you also artfreak :slight_smile: