unexpected results

Well I went for my results from my wle and snb yesterday expecting to get my treatment plan. But no. Clear margins weren’t achieved, another satellite area removed as well as original tumour(grade 2),vascular invasion and micrometastases in sentinel node. On a positive note er and pr+ with 8/8 scores and her2-. In shock really. Bone and cat scan next Friday followed by another op in July. I feel like I have gone back 4-5 weeks.

Sam xx

I so sorry that you have not got the results you wanted this damn disease!!! Just when you think you’ve got on top of it something else happens to make you realise that it’s not been licked… Yet!!! I know where you’re coming from but take a deep breath and regroup and go get it girl!!! It’s not always easy and the damn waiting is the worst but know that you are supported and I for one am here to give you a big cyber hug!! Stay strong xx

Sam, I’m really really sorry - more waiting is just so hard. Sending hugs, please message me if you want to chat at anytime. Thinking of you, Cress x

Hi Sam, I am in same boat as you,had wle on 17th May, results showed 15mm lump with micro-metastases in 1 of the 2 nodes removed in SNB, my margins weren’t clear either and have just had 2nd WLE yesterday. Like you feel like it’s a set back in treatment. Will be having radiotherapy and hormone treatment 8/8 ER+. I think we have to think that they are being thorough and making sure they’ve got it all. I didn’t have full clearance of nodes as my onc has told me research has shown that there’s no benefit in further surgery to the nodes in cases like mine. Everyone is so different, and you will find many different approaches to the treatment of BC. Support on this forum is fab, it’s addictive, just like FB, when it first came out!!! Take care, don’t be too hard on yourself, just think it’s just part of treatment and beating the little b#######s!!!

Hi Sam
Sorry your results weren’t what you hoped. I got mine today on new primary in other breast not what I was hoping for either! Clear margins but Invasive grade 3 triple negative they hoped/thought it was just DCIS . So exactly the same as last one. now have to have SNB on 17th July can’t do earlier as doc on holiday ( Lucky Him!!)
More waiting is really the pits but WE will get there!!!

Take Care
Jill xxxx

Hi Sam. I’m so sorry you’re results weren’t as you hoped and you’re having to undergo another op. I’m sending you big hugs and hoping that the next few weeks pass quickly for you so you can move forward. Keep talking to all the ladies on here. You know we are with you all the way xxx

So sorry to hear that, but yep, it happened to me too!

In my case, I was told the next step would have to be mastectomy, as the tumour was too large for another attempt at wle. The shocker was that they had a cancellation the next day, so I went in the following morning!

That was in December, and sometimes I think I am still in shock! :o

Thank you for all the support ladies. What will be will be and I know they are doing their best for me at the hospital. I have decided if they do not get clear margins (in one area this time there was no clear margin at all) the next time I will have mx. Emotionally numb I think still, had a few tears but not many. OH is being a star, he goes away to work for a week on Monday and he said he wouldn’t go but I have told him he should as I am surrounded by family and friends so certainly not alone.
I will beat this flaming disease!!! But there maybe lots of screaming and shouting during the fight!!!

Sam xx