v scared - just come back from doctors.....

hello

need to talk to someone, but i’m all on my own at home at the mo - can’t call my husband as he is in training and want to talk to him face to face.

what a day - noticed my left nipple was collapsing in on itself this morning, so phoned drs and spoke to triage nurse - she got me an appt with the dr within 2 hours. Just got back from drs who tells me I have to be referred under the ‘2 week scheme’ to check if i have cancer.

very very very scared…

thanks for listening xx

Hello tigerstripe,

It’s natural to feel so anxious at this difficult time, i know your mind will be racing, but you have done the right thing in contacting your GP immediately,

The waiting is always the worst and no matter what i say you will worry, hopefully you will be fine and I do really mean that, if on the other hand it is a cancer you will know ASAP and be able to start a treatment plan, good luck and we are hear to help you if you need it.

Ann x

Hi there tigerstripe

It is perfectly normal to feel scared. Waiting and worrying about your appointment is often the very worst time.

I am sure there will be some users along soon to offer tips and advice before your appointment, but in the meantime, I have posted below a link to one of our booklets.

It will tell you all you need to know about your appointment at the breast clinic and may, hopefully, answer some of your concerns:

breastcancercare.org.uk/uplo … b_08_0.pdf

You can download the booklet or order it through this site.

Kind regards

Louise
Facilitator

oh tigerstripe, I do hope you don’t have to join us here. Yes it is so scary, especially the waiting and not knowing. At least you have done the right thing by seeing your GP and now have a quick referral. It’d be pointless of me to say don’t worry, but don’t suffer unduly and seek the advice of your doctor again if you feel you need the odd sleeping tablet or something to tide you over this patch. Most lumps and abnormalities turn out to be nothing serious, but that’s no consolation when you don’t know for sure yet. Let us know how you get on.
scottiedog x

Hi tigerstripe
It is a horrible place your are in at the moment. We have all been there you are allowed to be scared. As scottie dog says most lumps and abnormalities turn out to be nothing. The worrying and waiting is the hardest. I hope you don’t have to wait to long for your appointment. You will worry until you go so there is no point in me telling you not too. There a lot of ladies on this site who will listen and try to offer you help. Good Luck and let us know how you get on. x

hello!

thank you all so much for your posts - it is so nice to be able to chat to you all who have been through the place i am in at the mo.

had a really good chat with my husband on friday, must admit i have been a bit in denial since then, hence this is my first reply back.

got my appointment date through yesterday - it is for 8.50am on tuesday 9th. have to say i, although i am now v v v v v scared - am really impressed with how quickly the appt came through.

My lovely man is going to come with me and hold my hand… love him to bits

thank goodness for a fairly full weekend to get me through - although i am waking up far too early, think i may go for the sleeping tablet option, esp for Sunday and Monday night

big love to you all

tigerstripe x

Hi tigerstripe,

I have been through this all once and am now having to do it all again but mine was all ok the last time so hoping it will be this time i`m also going under the two week referal. its just so you can get seen quickly the last time i had to wait so long to be seen it was so hard to deal with but the best thing for you to do is to keep busy and try not to dwell on you appointment 90% of lumps are all ok and i hope all goes well for you when do you have your appointment is it soon. keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope its all ok but this is one of the best places to talk as we have all been there when all you want to do is talk and your friends have had enough of hearing the same thing here they never try to dismiss anything i found this was so good to just have a rant on here and there is always someone to help.Hope all is ok

Tracy xxx

hello!

well, it’s 6.52am on sunday morning - only one up and the nerves about tuesday are really starting to kick in now…

whatever the outcome, this has given me a real kick up the bottom about life in general - really questioning what in my life actually makes me happy, and i think that is a really positive thing.

did you all go through this thought process too?

big love

tigerstripe xx

Hi tigerstripe
You’re not the only one awake at stupid o’clock on a Sunday morning!! I’m here too! I’ve got a biopsy tomorrow morning so know exactly how you’re feeling right now. I’ve had a mammogram ultrasound and needle asp of a cyst over the last few weeks and tomorrow is second attempt at a core biopsy whilst on the mammogram. The ladies on here have been lovely and so reassuring. Hopefully your appointment is a one stop clinic so you’ll get very quick answers. I agree with you about how it makes you re think your life. We’ll come out of this stronger regardless of the outcome!
I’ll be thinking of you on Tuesday morning
Love madcow

Hi Tigerstripe

The whole thing is utterly terrifying. I escaped your fears as I believed it was my cyst growing that was diagnosed a year earlier. So was a tad shocked to be told I had bc! However, that was back in Sept 2009 and have now finished chemo this week. Whatever the outcome, time does fly and hopefully it will be good news for you. We all understand and have been there.

Take care

Julia xx

Good morning tigerstripe and rancidtart, yes I know what you mean too - in amongst all the cra*p, worry and fear, your head starts to re-prioritise things - I definitely reflect more on my life, and it has made me realise just how important people are to me (family and good friends) and most other things don’t matter.

The waiting for appointments is SO horrible - keep busy and be kind to yourself. Hopefully it’ll be good news, but even so give yourself time to recover mentally - a friend of mine who found a lump and who has a family history of BC was screened earlier this week - turns out it wasn’t anything serious, but nonetheless she was absolutely wrung out emotionally afterwards. Whatever your outcome let us know how you get on tigerstripe. We’ll be rooting for you to get good news.

madcow all the best for tomorrow as well. xx

Hi tiger stripe and madcow
Just want to say good luck for this week. I will keep my fingers crossed for you both.

Good luck to you both, let us know how you get on and fingers and toes crossed all will be well…
Kathy x

Hello tigerstripe and madcow
just wanted to wish you both well for the next couple of days, and for your sleep patterns in the nights before.
It is a very scary place to be, and yes, I think we all think through our lives, whats important to us etc.
I hope your time on this forum is shortlived because you get good results, but if not, you have a legion of new cyber friends and all the support we can offer
be kind to yourselves,
love, monica xxx
let us know how you go on xxx

hi tigerstripe
I’ve just come back from having a core biopsy done. Just wanted to reassure you that if you do have biopsy taken at your appointment that it doesn’t hurt. I just felt a little sting when the local was put in then didn’t feel anything at all. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow-please let us know how you get on.
Hugs
Madcow

hi madcow, and everyone else who has chatted to me

thank you all so much for your messages.

madcow, thank you for letting me know how it went, it’s good to hear that it is not a painful procedure - hopefully you will get some good news very soon, please keep in touch.

feeling like i need to hide under a duvet for the next week - but i know that won’t help!

will mail you all tomorrow to let you know what happened

big love to you all

tigerstripe
xxxx

Hi,
Thinking of you and wishing you the best. Sending big cyber hugs and hope everything goes ok. Liz xx

hello!

well, i’ve had a mammogram (ouch!) and an ultrasound, plus a proper check up, and i’m all ok, its just the way my body is ageing and nothing more. Have to have a check up in 3 months, but that is just procedure.

Thank you all so much for your time and kindness, I wish you all well and send you all lots of love and hugs.

I will still come on here from time to time, to see if i can give someone else the reassurance you were all kind enough to give to me, you are all stars and i love you all.

big love
tigerstripe xxx

Oh hurray!! so pleased you’ve had good news tigerstripe
hope you find a lovely way to celebrate
love, monica xx