very itchy rash after RT

Hi all

( and sorry Sam for starting the thread like this…again)

I finished RT over three weeks ago and after the second week I developed a very irritating rash .

this started on my left shoulder blade ( same side as the RT) and now covers the whole shoulder blade area, and spread to the chest yesterday.I have seen my Oncologist and he says it is a SE of RT. But I go around like Balou the Bear ,rubbing my back agaisnt anything to relieve the itch.

Has anyone else been through this? I am using aqueous cream with calamine which relieves but not get rid of it.

Love

Yvonne

x

Hi, I had this rash fron rt, I got my dr to prescribe anti histimanes which stopped me itching and it cleared up really well and quick. Karen x

I had a similar sounding rash - started in my fourth and final week. The radiologists gave my hydrocortisone cream and I used piriton when it got v bad at night. I also had some aloe Vera gel which was useful. I’m pleased to say it went about 2 weeks after I finished RT. hope yours does too
Cpt x

I remember having it and it got worse after the rads finished because you still cook for a while afterwards. I got some hydrocortisone cream with antibiotic stuff in it - think it may have been Fucidin ??? Did the trick really quickly. Continued to use aloe vera for a good length of time as aqueous cream makes my skin react! You get it on your shoulder blade area as that is where the rads go out after they’ve been put in at the front if you see what I mean. The rads staff warned me about it.

Liz

HI all
Thanks for the comments, its nice to know we ladies can get advice from this forum, instead of rushing down to the GP with every SE we get.
Thanks yvonne xxxx