waiting for first appointment!

Hi,

I am new to this forum and just starting to read through some of the threads, seems to be a lot :womanindifferent:

I only noticed a pain in my left breast a few days ago, it similair feeling when first milk comes in while pregnant also inverted nipple, so went in to see GP and she has referred me to breast clinic. She did say on my way out she don’t think it is cancer, as she couldnt feel any lumps, but will get me seen within the 14 days. 

Had a discharge from it about a year ago, only had it the once. So not thought much about it since.

I can’t help worrying a little, trying very hard not to. Feeling a bit run down and nausea’s, very off food. Just wondering that because of can’t help thinking the worst.

The 14 days seems forever.

I not sure what it is I want to ask, but feel the need to chat to others and I don’t want to start worrying friends or family if I don’t have.

Also can’t help thinking of what if’s, as got young children to. Knowing if did come back positive, how quick does the treatment start? how long before you find out the results? If you do need treatment are you allowed to drive?

Lots of question.

I just trying to get head round it all and do more reading up on stuff.

Thanks

Pinkcupcake.

Hi pinkcupcake

Firstly welcome to the forums, it sounds like you’re having a tough time at the moment.  I’m sure some of the others users will be a long to offer you their support and experience soon.

In the meanatime you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Faclitator

Hi pinkcupcake,
I really can’t answer any of your questions as I dont have my breast clinic appointment until Tuesday but wanted to say I hope everything is well when you go for yours .
The waiting truly is torturous.

Hi pinkcupcake

The best way to answer your questions is to tell you of my experience. My triple assessment was on October 25th 2012, Results and diagnosis November 1st 2012. Surgery December 12th 2012. I needed chemo, that began on February 5th 2013.

When your treatment starts depends on what surgery is involved. I had a mastectomy, so didn’t need any more surgery. Some have WLE (lumpectomy) for which they need to get clear margins. If they don’t, that could mean more surgery to ensure all the tumour has been removed. Chemo is usually dependent on any one or more of three things.

1. Grade of the cancer
  2. lymph nodes involvement
  3. Age. 

Any further information you would like, don’t be afraid to ask.

best wishes

poemsgalore xx