waiting for mammogram results

I had my mammogram on wednesday 18th december and still haven’t had results.Diagnosed in 2011 so this is my third mammogram post diagnosis but the anxiety does not get easier. Is there anybody out there with the same experience ? Is there anything we can do to stop these unacceptable practices ? Don’t they know how stressful it is to wai tfor results? They are going to blame it on ‘Christmas’ BUT should we really accept excuses like that ?

Hi froggy, I finished annual mammos in 2012 and for the last two I waited over 6 weeks for results. I also have read of others having the same wait. I wasn’t really worried about my mammo results, god knows why as I’m usually the worrying type, and I just thought " well no news is good news" lol, but I can really understand how horrible it must be for those who are anxious. Do you have a BCN, maybe give her a ring if you do. I did and mine gave me results over the phone.

I think now that I am back in the system for 3 yearly mammos I will be extra anxious next year when mine is due and don’t think I will hold out for 6 weeks, I will be phoning after 2 max lol.

Good luck and hope your results are normal xx