cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for results

7 REPLIES 7
Mel66

Re: waiting for results

Sorry the news wasn't good anx56. Welcome to the rollercoaster!

I got my diagnosis 2 weeks ago. It's a tough time, with decisions to be made that you really don't want to have to be in the position of making. On this occasion, however, I've found the waiting time invaluable to start getting my head around what's happening. I've had periods of complete meltdown, but I think I'm now starting to come to terms with it a little. I'm having sentinel node biopsy first in a couple of weeks followed by mastectomy with reconstruction a few weeks after that (at least that appears to be the plan so far, although I've discovered that treatment plans seem to be subject to change at any time!)

If you have any concerns or questions (or just need a little moral support) this is a great place to hang out. There's plenty of ladies here who have been pretty much where you are and fully understand what you're going through.

Take care. xx

anx56

Thank you!  Was in a state yesterday so didn't log on, didnt get the results I wanted.  Trying to stay positive seeing the consultant Tuesday to discuss surgery and treatment.  Just wanted to post something quickly. Family have been great but they dont want to leave me on my own.  Hoping to get a little time later to process stuff!  Good to know that there are people out there to share experiences with and get support.  At least now I have the results even though they were not the ones I wanted and can get treatment started soon.  Next step seeing if it has spread!

Tw211

*hi , not go
Tw211

Go Anx,
Unfortunately, nothing takes your mind off of the waiting. It's so hard but I will say this, I found myself coming to this site daily, hourly.... Even more and it was the encouragement and kind words that helped me the most. Such a roller coaster of emotions and everyone's rode is different. My thoughts are with you and do try to come here often..... The kindness and the support is here! Please take care 🙂
anx56

Thank you Mel I know what you mean about the not to worry comments.  Also the comment it will be alright obviously thats what you want the outcome to be but who knows. Thanks for reassuring me that at this stage it can still be ok.  It is as we say the waitindg thats har.  Had a better day today though went out with a friend and am feeling more positive. 

Mel66

Hi anx56
If I knew the secret to getting through the waiting, I would gladly share it with you... unfortunately I don't but be reassured that what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I have found that having a good bawl now and again doesn't do any harm and often helps. Those emotions and stress have to have an outlet sometimes. Remember that those results may not be bad... statistics are still very much in your favour at this point.

If anyone tells you to "try not to worry", please fight the urge to punch them... they obviously haven't been in this horrible waiting room! xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi anx56 and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sorry to read that you have this worry, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 and our team are here for you

Take care
Lucy BCC

anx56

waiting for results

Hello please help me to know how you get through the waiting.  Im ok and being positive one minute then it hits me and I feel sick and start crying.  Had a cyst aspirated 8 years ago so when I got the call back thought it had returned second mamo and scan revealed thickening of breast tissue.  Had 4 cone biopsies and get results end of the week.  When reading up on it I cannot find any positive outcomes I have convinced myself its bad. Any advice I feel like Im going out of my mind with worry.