Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for results

87 REPLIES 87
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: waiting for results

hi i had my opp about 7 weeks now and waiting to start my rdds but my scar on my boob has a small hole and is leeking blood and i have a big lump on top off my scar , i have been back to the breast clinic and now i am waiting for an ultrasound, i am worried it will stop me from starting my radiation treament. has any one had the same problem

barnowl xxx

Maggiemay, I have one word to say B*****D!!! Bless you having to deal with that as well. Hope you are are ok and hope your results were ok today. xxx
That's reassuring Barnowl, the healing from the inside. I have asmall hole. If it wasn't for my mum I wouldn't have found my lump. A friend was diagnosed at Xmas and I didn't check myself and when mum was diagnosed at the end of March I still didn't check myself for a week and a half. I just didn't think I could possibly get it!! When I found my lump I thought I was going nuts and was feeling things that weren't there. Mum juts wishes it had gone teh other way round as despite her having an mx she has completed her treatment and it all went really well.
Sam xx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi samjs so your mum has bc to bless you ,my mum had bc three years ago and she is doing fine so i hope i will do the same i would never have beleaved that i would get bc myself so it looks like its mite run in the family but i hope not i have to little nices so we are worried about them to now. xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi samjs my boob was leaking and i have a small hole wish some time bleeds so i am hopeing i can still have my RADS i have just had my appointment to today for monday the 19th to fine out when i start treatment . my surgen said the hole will heal from in side out and i have a lump on top of my boob but he said it is the tissue nitting back together as he had to take a lot of tissue away with the lump and nothing to worry about , but you do worry you can't help it. will let you know how i get on monday xx

Hi everyone

I haven't been around much. Found out my boyfriend is still very much married though he told me he was separated. Swine! Haven't wanted to do anything at all. I had my 2nd WLE last week and go for my results tomorrow...then will come more waiting for the treatment.

Sorry to hear you had to have a third op samjs. xxx

Hi Barnowl,
I have had a thir dop for a haematoma and have a leaky boob now. I know what you mean about the wiating for appointments. I am waiting for my onc appointmnet to consent to chemo, I am wanting this appointment so badly as I know I will be moving on then. Although chemo can't start until I am healed.
Mum has finished her RADs and is doing fine, she used Aloe vera gelly on it to stop it getting sore.

xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls hope you are all doing ok , its been 6 weeks today since my opp and i am just waiting to start my radiation treament, i am just fed up with the waiting for the post to come. i know people may say i am mad but i just want to get back to work and to a normel as possible life, i am always poping down to my mum and dad house becauce i can,t stand being on my own in the house all day. there is only so much house work and washing you can do . its lovely reading all your messages to every one and its nice to know that you are not alone. bye for now Barnowl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls hope you are all doing ok , its been 6 weeks today since my opp and i am just waiting to start my radiation treament, i am just fed up with the waiting for the post to come. i know people may say i am mad but i just want to get back to work and to a normel as possible life, i am always poping down to my mum and dad house becauce i can,t stand being on my own in the house all day. there is only so much house work and wahing you can do . its lovely reading all your messages to every one and its nice to know that you are not alone. bye fot now Barnowl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

can i ask a daft question after hsving my dye put in last thursday (had 2 lots) i passes bright blue wee for a couple of days now have a sort of dark discharge(tmi) sorry. anyonne had this ?

Barnowl my mum is just on the last week of 3 weeks rad. It has gone really well and her skin has only just gone slightly pink. Her radiotherapy only lasts for 30 secs so not as long as others and they did say it was precautionary as she had DCIS. Oncologist actually said he wouldn't have prescribed it for her but as BCC had he did it.
Good luck with the waiting. My stress of waiting is being interupted today as it keeps pouring and I have a leak so have bowl I keep emptying and keep checking if my cellar has flooded. Something different to worry about is always good!!
Sam xx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls ; i hope you are all doing ok i am on the waiting game again waiting for my appointment for ym radiation treatment it will be another two week as all ways. all it seam to be is doctors ,hospitals, and blood tests you feel like you have no control of your life, i bet you all feel like that sometimes. i don't know about you all but is to hot i cant sleep but i am glad am not at work in this heat i don't think i could do it.

bye for now barnowl xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pendragon you really are in the deep of it. Will the hospital have to sort your tooth out or will you have to use your own dentist? As for OH, they really suffer with us, mine is working away coming back for my appointments. This morning he said he was wake again at 4.30 and said he thinks he might use some of my sleeping tablets- he'll have to fight me for them!
I wonder when we will feel normal again- will it every happen? My outlook on life has changed dramatically since my diagnosis. I was just starting looking at Deputy head jobs, now I am not sure if I will bother when I get back to work, really don't want anymore stress. Also I have always been a planner, complete control freak and now am reluctant to book anything beyond a week in the future. (Results week I don't book a thing).
Wishing all you ladies well. It's a crap time but we will get there. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi everyone another hot day here, im melting i think, still drugged up and not sleeping well. just bee to warfarin clinic too, bless debb my mste for running round after me, had bc nurse on phone telling me to take it easy any easier think id stop. think its just hit my OH too hes not sleeping at all and is so worried bout me, i just want to be normal but cant even think straight atm.
my tooth was knocked by the intubating tube and is now completly out, still not heard wat they're going to do bout that, makes me feel even worse dont want to open my mouth now x
good luck everyone xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Went to breast care clinic friday had mamogram,u/s scan and core biopsies taken. Waiting game now going back for results Friday.
Any advice welcomed as the demons come to me about 3am then cannot sleep!
Help

Hi all, this waiting is terrible. I'm having big melt down today as had ct yesterday, been awake most of night feeling pain in legs, well everywhere really, dunno if stress or something else.
Hope your all ok, Sam you got home ok? Pendragon hope you had a comfortable night just nice to be home isn't it ? Omg this bloody disease it just never leaves your thoughts alone.
all take care thinking of all of you, hang on in there girls xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Pendragon. That sounds truely horrendous. How on earth do they manage to break your tooth while operating on your boob?! Were you ok under the anaesthetic? I know my sister-in-law had to be man-handled once as she turned out to be allergic to the gen an and nearly died. Fortunatetly she is all ok. I trust you will be too. Xx

Great news barnowl and sunflowerfan, so pleased for you both. Maggie I had 2nd wle on about 10 days ago and all is fine. Just started worrying again about results. Pentagon, bless you, you really seem to be going through it. Hugs for you. Xx

Dear all,

Mixed bag - some great news, some still waiting. Good luck to you all.
Deborah
Guest user
Not applicable

hi all i am so glad sunflower that you had good results to it the best feeling in the world to think we can beat this all and evry one of you just keep positive. bless you pendrangon hope you have a speedy recovery and sorry to here about your tooth . we i feel a lot more positive today and my partner and i are going to hit the shops and he will spoil me rotten he has bin my rock and shoulder to cry on but most of all he is my soul mate and i love him dearly
best wishes to all of you BARNOWL xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Pendragon, just read through all the posts on here and saying a prayer for you and will have you in my thoughts over the coming week. I was so low waiting for results after my Op :WLE and SNB, expecting the worse. By the time I got my results I was so exhausted with worry ( sleepless nights) I took a small notepad with me for the BC nurse to write down the results . There was good and bad news , but overall good news. I need to go back for a further WLE Op because the margin on one side needs to be wider. Knowing the facts gives you back control. Not knowing allows your imagination to run riot. Like I said earlier, I will have you in my thoughts until you get your results. In the meantime, look after No1 , that's you! Pamper yourself ! You deserve it. xx

Glad your home pendragon. Was thinking about you. I know what u mean about the waiting, I had ct today, now the crappy, pants wait for results. Hope you get some sleep, tramadol makes me high can never sleep on it x
Guest user
Not applicable

hi ladies,
home again after my op yesterday all seemed to go well nd got to wait til friday next for my results, this for me is the bad time again. seemed to be doped up on tramadol so forgive spelling mistakes etc, all cos my warfarin levels have gone hatwire got to inject in my tummy twice aday. also stopped y bp tabs as bp is very low.
ended up with a lovely prvate room as the wards were all booked, own t, wifi, bathroom proper cups and cutlery toast rack huge choice of breakfast lol.
they also broke my front tooth and am now toothless here and awaiting an appointment to sort that out
thanks foe all the good wishes hope others are doing well and keeping the heat at bay somehow ill catch up properly soon when can thinka bit straighter xxx

That's good news sunflowerfan.

I'm the opposite to you. At first I was told it was invasive ductal but according to my pathology report mine is a mixture of ductal and lobular not just ductal.

Hi all - Great news Barnowl - so sorry you'll need another WLE Maggiemay - hope it'll be soon and be 100% successful next time.
I too have just had my results and can almost echo you word for word Barnowl. Lymph nodes they removed are clear and margins around the cancer also clear. They said they'd changed my original diagnosis - it wasn't both ductal and lobular but turned out to be invasive lobular, but they are optimistic they took it all out. So once the wounds have healed I will go for radiotherapy. I too have been put on Tamox for next 5 years.
When they told me I couldn't register what they were saying at first - I think I felt I was waiting for the "but..." which didn't come. So I came out of the appointment feeling extremely dazed, but very lucky and grateful.
Hope the news for all of you currently waiting for results will be the best. Virtual hugs and speedy recoveries to you all, love from Chris x

Great news barnowl:)

I got my results on Wednesday and need another wle 😞

Lovely news. I am so pleased for you. Hopefully you can have a drink to celebrate soon!
Best Wishes,
Tiggy.
Guest user
Not applicable

hi to you all, I had some good new today my bc has not spread to the lumph nodes and they got all the tumour out i have just got to wait for my radiation treament, and got to have tamoxifena hormone tablet for the next five years.
As you can imagine my partner and i are over the moon with the news, I know i still have a long road ahead off me
but its better when you have some positive news to go on, i would love to have a glass of wine but i am on penicillin because i have an infection under my arm . i hope you all have some good news and keep me posted
BIG HUGS AND KISS FROM BARNOWL XXXXX

Well ladies last day beside the seaside and I've already mentally got back on the worry train. It's funny or perhaps not, was trying to think how it feels and cant explain. I just get a foreboding feeling. Other half is worried cos he has rang and texted while at work. Oh well only another 6 days to wait until hopefully clear margins this time and a treatment plan.
Sunflowerfan and barnowl hope results were good. Pentagon hope op was ok. Lois clink clink the cider is about to be poured again.
Sam xx
Guest user
Not applicable

And good luck with your results tommorow sunflowerfan 🙂
Guest user
Not applicable

lols I will keep you all posted thanks for all your support xxxxxxx

Meant get back to ward and can access results immediately. Sorry predictive txt on iPad x

Hi ladies, good luck for ops and results all of you.
yeah coco asked him why not bone scan he said not within his remit and he doesn't feel required, did suggest onc might order one when I see them, no idea when that will be. Phoned gp this morn to ask her advice, basically she feels that I should have one if it puts my mind at rest but doesn't want too interfere, politics!!! But is prepared to write a letter and I could pick it up and give it to him Monday when he does wound check. Being in this business , so to speak, he is soooooo not going to like that , so might not bother, might depend on anxiety levels on Monday.
do chase up your scan results with bc n I know I can she texted me yesterday with appt for Monday and said hopefully have ct scan results as well. They are generally reported on same or next day or imagine the backlog. I can get back to ward with patient sometimes and cannot access results immediately on computer, 2 weeks anxiety isn't fair, we've all done enough waiting, I understand when it's pathology but not scans.
barn owl good luck for tomorrow , keep us posted.
pendragon I think your in hospital now , lets us know how you get on.
Have good afternoon girls xx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi pendragon hopr everything goes well with your opp. had my opp on the 2nd july got to go for my results tommorow to see if has spread to the lumph nodes i am getting really nervues now just hope i get some good news for a changes. lifes not fare some times good luck to you all barnowl gives you all hugss xxxx

Hi Pendragon Just to say am so pleased you are now going to be able to have your Op as planned, all the very best and please let us know how you are doing. All best wishes. Meg x

Hi Lols, Hope you are doing ok and recovering from Monday. Yes back on the worry train and good luck for your CT scan on Friday, I have to say the CT was nicer than the Bone Scan it does not take so long either. Sorry you are not being offered a Bone scan are they saying you dont need it? I would have seen the Oncologist next Thursday but because I am due to have an MRI on my other Breast that day I have to wait a further week. I didnt know I could phone the BC Nurse for the results, I will bear that in mind. Perhaps ask why they are not letting you have the scan. keep me posted. Take care Meg x

Hi Annie62, Thanks for your comments that all sounds very feasable and I know I am just paranoid, but sometimes I feel they think we are stupid and if they just said look all we want to do is this etc rather than saying nothing. The trouble is with me is I want to know all the time exactly what is going on and am hating the never ending waiting. I will try not to worry Thank you Meg x
Guest user
Not applicable

hi ladies, just to let you know had my ultrasounds today, was a bit shocked when a man came to get me from the waiting room, but hey lol. had ordinary and internal ultrasound got embarrased cos im on my period. he asked me why id been sent i said to check my womb lining he said oh no youre having abnormal periods and pelvic pain, well i said thats not me. he checked details and thats wat the dr had written. anyhow got to wait a week for results now. hope everyone is ok in this heat (uk) and thinking of you all, ill be away for few days got breast surgery tomorrow, yes thank goodness its back on....

See you all soon ....... xxxxx

Hi coco, back on the worry train, il be on it over weekend got body ct Friday. Can you phone yr bc nurse for results next week? You will go mad if you have to wait 2 weeks, Don't worry and if my experience on the ward is anything to go by they are always querying things and then the consultant comes along and says nothing wrong. I know this is nothing to do with this but radiologist did query my mum had shadow by lung last year , worry worry, I asked consultant to review cos I work with him, and, normal X-ray. T means thoracic region that's all. At least they are being thorough. I'd like bone scan to put my mind at rest but they said no, does my head in everyone's treatment so different, is it postcode lottery? Have nice evening try not to get to worried x

Don't know if this is any help, coco, but when I went for my bone scan they had to re-do a section over my stomach because the stud of my jeans was in the way. Possibly the query around T9 just meant a section of the x-ray wasn't clear.

The radiologist isn't there to make a diagnosis, just to record accurate information - I'm sure he/she would never speculate about any patient's results, especially within your hearing or even if they thought you were out of it!

I know how easy it is to get paranoid about these tests - I was the same and thought everyone knew more than they were saying...please try not to worry, there's no reason to think anything will be wrong. I know it's hard.

Annie x

Hi Ladies, didnt know where to ask this question, but as so many of us are awaiting results, I thought I would run with this and ask. I went for both a CT and a Bone Scan yesterday and as the bone scan was finishing they sent me for a back x-ray and whilast I was in there I overheard the radiologist say there was a queery around T9! can anyone enlighten me as to what this might mean? am confused and feel like so many of you that they have seen something and still have to wait another two weeks to see the oncologist for the results, this is hell......... Thanks in advance for any help with this x

Hi pendragon, will pm you did leave one yesterday. Look at messages x
Guest user
Not applicable

barnowl im sorry you lost your holiday but enjoy the lovely british weather whilst it lasts! good luck with everything.

went for my preop to be told that even though everything is fine and controlled they will not do my op on thursday. Lois im devastated, just wanted thursday to come along and my lil alien to be removed. i spoke to my bc nurse who said well we dont want you dying on the table ! i understand they need to be concerned but they cant leave me like this with a early treatable cancer growing inside me. i have pre existing conditions and am o warfarin but everything is well controlled. they knew about it all from my first appointment and all the treatments have been done at the same hospital. i asked wat next and was told that id have to be fitted in at a clinic, so iasked if i cd have it done under local and was told no. im scared and after visiting my gp she has signed me off and given me anti depressents.

got up this morning to a letter calling me for a internal and external ultrasound tomorrow and now think oh here we go again, womb cancer. im sorry for all my negativity but my get up and go has gone.

please help......

Hi girls did a loooong post and lost it all so will condense, barn owl, your poor mum think its so hard for them to see us ill it's your worst nightmare your child being ill no matter how old you are, I know my mums feeling it. Shame about holiday get planning one for next year, something to look forward to, x
PENDRAGON, how are you? Did you go to pre assessment today? Did you speak to anyone, hope your feeling better than yesterday.
i had surgery this morn was fine nothin like other week, was home by 1. Bit of woozy head cos of having a general but its ok and hopefully il get some sleep tonite regardless of heat. Well I really hope you had a better day today, keep in touch x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi its been lovely reading all the kind word it make you feel that you are not Alone . l was going though all this 3 years ago when my mum had BC , I never thought it would happen to me so you can imagine how my mum feels she blame her self I told her not tone silly these thing happen. My partner and i were flying at to Spain in two weeks but had to cancel because of this, but luckily we had all are money back for are holiday so that was a relief . I knlo its very hot here now but its not the same as being abroad lol . take care every body and good luck to you all hugs from barnowl xxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks liis, some of my friends know but not really my work collegues. i am very worried and of cors everything i read makes me feel worse. my best friend has been brilliant taking me to apptments out for lunch. my gp wasny very supportive just gave me diazapam that i cant take.4
ill go in tomorrow and see how it goes , your boss sounds really good. dont thiink my bosses understand as they thought id be back at work within a week.
sleep is very elusive atm, up early 6 for work and preop in morning. got a peer group lady ringing me tomorrow see if that helps
thanks for all the help it is helping and im sorry to be so negative x good luck to all x

It's not secondary cancer no one has said that to you , we all worry about that . I'm a staff nurse and from day of diagnosis I havnt been to work. Normally im in charge of 29 bedded ward and I wouldn't have been able to concentrate plus you cant have as much sympathy and empathy with patients when you are so anxious, my boss was brill when I told her and didnt expect me to be on duty But if you aren't in work keeping busy will you cope as you sound so worried at moment does work take your mind of it? If you dont feel you are safe in work at mo ( I didn't) then you should def be off and get sick note from gp.
have you told any friends or colleagues, can they spend some time with you ? Can you talk to your gp, I had diazepam for a week, really helped.
try and have a good sleep I know it's difficult and sooo hot. Tomorrows another day and your probably worn out with anxiety, il chase up posts tomorrow after op, take care Hun x
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks huni, mt bf doesnt come to appointments as he works permanent nights he cant even get time off to take me to my surgery on thursday. am really trying to talk to him but its useless either get ignored or told to relax.
got work for the next three days but really think i may phone in im a carer and dealing with people who are ill is making me so sad especially wen i visited a lady today who will be 100 tomorrow made me feel awful cos i thought ill never get there!
dealing with one cancer at a time is hard enough as we all know but to have this other hanging over me is too much, my body will be unable to cope and is it classed as secondary cancer now oh god x

I think we feel every little thing when we are so worried and normally you wouldn't notice half of its, it would be like water off a ducks back. We had parking ticket in hospital when I had wle and ANC, all because I have staff badge on car and we had parked in visitors car park , as I was a patient and different hospital to where I work but same trust, I emailed next day and havnt heard anything else, you can ask bc nurse to phone them, I'm always phoning for people on ward.
does he go to appointments with you? That might make him sit up? I know my OH so got it once he'd been with me. Can you talk to his mum? Well we are all here your doing the right thing letting your worries out on here, it's nice cos no one judges and no question seems daft, take care Hun x my OH out with my brut so will be drunk and he's taking me to hospital in morn, on he's in trouble now and in spare room tonight due to SNORING xx
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks ladies, to cap it all he's now watching his series and this week a lady has cancer i asked him to turn it off he said oh its only cancer. im glad youre all here how eld=se would i even begin to cope.
im so wooried that theyve sent me for a ultrasound following my colposcopy, i broke down and the nurse wouldnt let me go, then got back to car and had got a £70 parking ticket just cant win at the mo.
hes just told his mum im very depressed what does he expect, cant take much more of this ......

Hi ladies, pendragon my OH very quiet about it all, I found him crying the other week when I woke in the night, but on the outside he appears tough, in their own way they are probably just as worried and scared as us but they are from mars or somewhere arnt they , so the book says . I'm surrounded my males, OH, 6 sons between us , 2 brothers, dad, it's only me and my mum the girls in all this . Men really do act differently but deep down insure your OH is just as worried as you they just cope differently.
years ago I had bad smear results and had treatment , don't worry about that too much, it's all completely sortable and the treatment if its anything is fine . That's the good thing about regular smears they catch things before they are much to worry about.
if you can't talk to OH you've always got us on the forum even I find that easier than talking to my OH , think they get sick of hearing us worrying all the time, mine sighs a lot if I'm giving on about test results etc, so I come on here then.
hi Annie, how's your arm ironic but mines really improved last 2 days and tomorrow surgery same damn place. Your lucky you have a daughter must be a great help at mo, I'm leaning on my mum bait she's been brill, bless her.
maryland good luck for race for life, il do it next year .
im not ignoring Sam I've already spoken to her, beside the seaside
all take care have lovely evenings, not too much worrying, says worrier!!! Xx