waiting to see consultant

Hi, I feel like im going nuts. I went to the doctors with a lump and mentioned that my nipple sometimes looks it a bit flat on top No sooner had I left the surgery and my phone was ringing, it was the breast nurse to arrange my appointment for Tuesday 3rd May. My imagination is working overtime and I keep looking at the flat bit of my nipple convinced its the lump pulling it this way. Just wondering if anybody else had these symptoms and if it was definitely breast cancer or something else. All my friends keep telling me to be positive, easier said than done when you cant eat, sleep and barely function. I know they mean well.

Love westland39 x x

Sorry you find yourself on here. It’s good you don’t have to wait too long for your appointment - although I know it will seem like a long time when you are waiting and wondering. You’ll feel better after Tuesday, when you’ll either find it’s nothing to worry about or if it’s not the news you want, that treatment can begin quickly.
Try to keep busy with things you enjoy doing - or maybe the housework!

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Stella xx

Please don’t panic about the speed of your appointment, this is just good service rather than them being desperate to see you. They have to see you within two weeks and sometimes they get cancellations, so at least you don’t have too many days to drive yourself barmy with the waiting.

There’s a good leaflet in the Publications section of the site aimed at people who are worried, you might want to take a look at it. And don’t google or you’ll scare yourself witless! If you want to do a bit of investigating, stick to reputable sites such as this one, Macmillan, Breakthrough, that kind of thing. But to be honest, if you can just try to enjoy the weekend and put it out of your mind. Easier said than done I know, but if you also keep in you head the fact that 9 out of 10 lumps that are referred to breast clinics are NOT cancer but something else. Lots of them turn out to be cysts which can be identified and drained on the day and that’s it, done and dusted! So if you can put your optimistic hat on, keep that figure in your head.

The helpline’s closed tomorrow but do give them a ring on Saturday if you’re still climbing the walls, they are really good and definitely live up to their name.

And please come back and tell us what happens on Tuesday, we really like to hear good news which you have a very good chance of hearing yourself.

Thank you so much for your comments. Think I have been googling to much! Its made me paranoid! Have cleaned the house top to bottom, my children think I have gone made!

Have a lovely day.

Love Westland39