waiting to see surgeon

I was diagn. with invasive ductal BC this Wednesday but cant see surgeon until this coming Thursday. I am so anxious and scared but is this an ok waiting period for Stage 2 or 3 not sure yet to see specaialist?? Or should I seek the Breast Cancer Center Now? Sacred to death :frowning:

Hi Jangus,
So sorry, you’ve had to join us.

The most terrifying time in all of this journey is always the waiting. Just a very quick word of reassurance, even very aggressive, very fast growing cancers take years to develop, so nothing awful is going to happen in the time between now and when you see the surgeon.

Between now and then you might want to get together a list of questions you want to ask - such as what they already know from biopsy, what surgery options are available to you, how soon you might have surgery, what type of cnacer it is (e.g. hormone status, HER2 sttaus). Write them down and take the list with you. If you have someone to go with you, get them to write down the answers for you, as your mind will be buzzing so much it’s hard to take it all in.

Tomorrow you might like to call the helpline on here to talk to someone. But between now and then please avoid Google - there is so much stuff out there that is out of date, inaccurate or plain old fashioned wrong and you could terrify yourself. Stick to good sites such as MacMillan, Cancer Research UK and the main BCC site. Even with these, be selective what you read - no need to read stuff that might never apply.

Try to keep yourself occupied with enjoyable things. it will sound utteerly crazy now when you are so terrified, but once you have a treatment plan it will be easier to cope with you and you will get some control back.

I was diagnosed about 18 months ago with a large agrresive tumour and have since had the ‘full works’ of treatment. I was lucky to be well enough to work all the way through, and now am living a busy and fulfilling life. I still drop by here to share with special friends and to offer a little support here and there… but life is good, just more precious than ever.

Taker care, and hope you are getting lots of good real wrold support too

<<hug>>

Hi Janus I just wanted to add my support through what is an awful and scary time. I was diagnosed aug 2010 and also worked all the way through the various treatments and have also walked and walked. I.ve met some lovely people along the way. I am sending you a big hug x

hello Jangus, sorry to hear your news, only few days ahead of you, found out last week, comes as a shock does’nt it, this site is good because you can talk to other people in same boat, found reassurance here, dont feel so alone, I’m still scared, but have come more to terms with it now, Please let me know how you get on on thurs, we will all be holding your hand Big hug Maver

hiya , just wanted to say that i was diagnosed with invasive grade 2 breast cancer and it is lobular and ductal , i am having a lumpectomy done on the 16th april as a day case then been told need chemo and radiotherapy x stay strong :slight_smile:

Oh poor you. Listen, I was diagnosed 8th March after routine mammogram (first) with invasive grade 2 and a grade 1 aswell. The weeks feel like they are years and everyone wants to help although you feel alone. I have cried solidly for 3 weeks and the first week was a blur I am having surgery 11th April and a sentinal node to see if its spread. it is so scary but you know the best thing I ever did was come onto this website. I googled everthing and I even ended up in a and e from a panic attack PLEASE try not to google just listen to people on here. I have only gone on the ‘recently diagnosed site’ but already feel myself drawn to secondary Its REALLY hard and no one can know but us. Fill your days. I made 3 shepherds pies 2 fish pies and 25 cup cakes the day after I heard. I can honestly say that I turned to dust the day I was told but I have talked to two ladies on here and I have drawn such strength from them. We all waver, wobble and wilt on odd days. Having a month to think about it is the worst. If someone had told me one day and have surgery the next then radio and chemo after that I would have jumped. Waiting is the worst. I too will hold hands. Let me know if you wobble more. we are all here. J.

I was diagnosed with the same thing on Thursday last week. Only 4 days ago. Time has stood still yet dragged by. I’ve to go for an MRI on Monday and back to the consultant on Thursday when they will tell me how much needs to be removed. I was so positive at first. It was much later it started hitting me and I still can’t quite believe it. I can think of nothing else and I know exactly where you’re at. There are so many amazing woman on here, all been through it and we will get through it too! I keep waiting for some inner strength to kick in but it hasn’t made an appearance yet. I’m just so scared. X

I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Cancer on weds, having mri tomorrow, and seeing drs next weds i am scared witless, and today has been so hard, as been working since i was told, and now have a week off, which is going to be hard, it will be nice to have others to talk to…xxx

Hi

It is really hard to come to terms with but as others have said try to keep busy. Talking on here has helped and I have a few people who I send private messages to and look forward to hearing from them. (Ones who are having ops at same time as me - 10/4.) I have posted this before but what helped me was realising that I personally knew/or knew through friends quite a number of women who have recovered well from this and are still going strong many years later. Try listening to relaxation CDs if you have any. Thinking of you and sending blessings. Anni

im having second op on 24th april to remove lymph nodes and im scared to .i to think of this all the time .i try not to but it in my head all the time i try to stay postive but its hard .xxx