waiting

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: waiting

thank you for your advice xx

poemsgalore

The only thing I can think of donata, is that they meant grade 3. But without really knowing more, I can't answer you question. If it does mean grade 3, then it is the fastest growing, but having said that, mine was grade 3 diagnosed on  November 1st but I didn't have surgery until 12th December. My surgeon wasn't too concerned about the delay as depending on the type of cancer, (mine was ductal invasive) even grade 3 doesn't grow terribly fast, just faster than grade 1 or 2.. If you have been assigned a breast care nurse, give her a ring on Monday and ask if she has any more info about your biopsy. Mine told me what type it was, and whether there were any receptors - in my case, Oestrogen and Progesteron. The couldn't tell me the grade until after I'd had surgery. Some surgeons do give you an idea of the grade, but they often find it to be a different grade after surgery. 

Thinking of you, and hoping you get a treatment plan put in place soon. Take care.

Poemsgalore xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Donata
I am sorry to read of your diagnosis, in addition to the support and information you will find here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any queries/concerns on 0808 800 6000, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

The following link will take you to the 'Just diagnosed' pages where you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC, down the left hand side you will see a section called 'Cancer grades' and 'Cancer satges'which should help to answer your query, I hope this helps:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Bu...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you i did get my results and it s cancer number 3 does the number mean how fast it s going?it s still all rather hazy

poemsgalore

Hi donata

I'm so sorry you are going through this worrying time. Different clinics handle things differently. I had my results one week later, some clinics give you a rough idea of what they have found on the same day (one stop clinic). It might be that the results are negative, and that is why your results are back quickly. It is standard procedure to see a surgeon for your follow up appointment. If it turns out to be cancer, they will tell you something about it and put a treatment plan in place. Usually, if it definitely is cancer, surgery is the first port of call, followed by whatever treatment they think will be best for you. However, some patients have a very large tumour and it is suggested that they have chemotherapy first, to shrink the tumour, before surgery. 

By the time you read this, you should have had your results. Here's hoping they are good. Please let us know.

Sending hugs and best wishes

Poemsgalore xx

Guest user
Not applicable

waiting

I had a biopsy on wednesday and I am getting my results tomorrow.I am worried because it still hurts quite a lot and also because they said it would take a week to get results but it s obviously taking less time.Does it mean that they want to see me quickly because they have seen something on the scan or is it random?Also I don t understand why I need to see a surgeon.I very much feel like not going at all.