cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weight, dieting and tamoxifen.

10 REPLIES 10
Kess

Re: weight, dieting and tamoxifen.

glad to hear you saw some progress Angie. Stick with it - slow and steady is better for you. I am basically following slimming world too it very easy (green day every day as I am a veggie!). I have lost 1 stone now so still going in the right direction 🙂
Mel66

Hi Gilly
I'm doing 'The Fast Diet' by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. There's a website (Google thefastdiet) which gives all the info, has some great tools and ideas and a support forum too. Evidence seems to suggest that it helps prevent a variety of illnesses, including cancer too.

Only lost 1lb this week but I was at a party on Saturday night and had a bit of a blow out so quite happy with that. It's still a total of 10lbs in 3 weeks. 😊 x
angiepops

hi ladies,

well week one of my diet included burns night supper and even after that i mnaged to lose 1lb so its a start. im determined to do something, ive been following slimming world diet but mainly trying to cut out potatoes and bread, had no chocolate and cakes. here we go, good luck

angie xx

Butterfly318

Evening Mel66

I am struggling to even keep my weight stable on 1400 /1500 cals.  Which book are you using for the 5:2.  I would like to try this.  I do remember this way of dieting was featured in a newspaper but it was during my Chemo and i was struggling to find anything that tasted half way reasonable and craving sausage rolls and McDonalds which i've never really eaten before so i didn't take much notice.

Hope the weight keeps dropping off......Take Care  Gilly x  

Mel66

Hi angie
I managed to pile on over 2 stone since diagnosis, ballooning from a size 10 pre surgery to a size 14 post chemo. Had last chemo in December, started tamoxifen 1st Jan and started diet 5th Jan.

I'm doing the 5:2 diet. According to the book, I should be allowed to eat 1750 calories a day on my non fast days but knowing that it can be hard to lose weight on tamoxifen I decided to try to stick to 1200 on these days.

I lost 5lbs the first week and 4lbs the second. Next weigh in due Monday. Thinking that it will probably have slowed down after the initial great losses... but it's looking very promising. 😊x
HelenRose

Hi I started Letrozole in September 2014 - I'd lost 4 stone with Slimming World prior to diagnosis and I was determined to carry on. I have one very supportive Oncologist who gave me lots of advice and basically have to watch my carbs and avoiding between meal snacks basically anything which Ightfield cause insulin spike. Since Sept I've lost just over a stone bringing my total to 5st 2lb. On Letrozole I have to eat less than I did before to lose weight but it can be done but I have to watch the pasta potatoes etc which is bit hard as im vegetarian but hey ho here we go ! . DETERMINED to lose the 3 st to get me to target by the 1st anniversary of my diagnosis in July. It can be done & I've got a wonderful slimming group that is so supportive. As weight comes off and I get fitter I feel better & stronger than ever xx
angiepops

hi kess,

ive been on tamoxifen for a year and a few months. its the slow creeping up of weight gain that i found i didnt really notice until clothes were too tight etc. im hoping that this slimming world food is going to help me on the road back to slim and trim. Nice to hear from you, it makes a difference knowing you arent the only one .

angie xx

angiepops

hi charity,

end of treatment congratulations, hope you are feeling well. ive just started the slimming world diet and my daughter is doing it with me, i have a very physical job and winter weather isnt much of an incentive not to comfort eat , so we'll see how it goes from here. Nice to hear from you.

angie xx 

Charity11

Hi hope you don't mind me joining in. I had mx in July 2014, have had 6 cycles of FEC which finished in early December and have just finished 3 weeks of radiotherapy this week.  I am now starting on tamoxifen.

I have put around 8 pounds on during my treatment. I decided to do a calorie controlled diet now and hoping to start swimming next month. I believe walking can help too and the DVD from breast cancer care is also useful if you are motivated to do exercise at home.

Don't lose heart x

Charity11

Kess

I started tamoxifen in August last year straight after surgery. I started rads in oct and started a diet at the same time (having put on a stone last year during chemo and I was already a couple overweight...). I have managed to lose around 10 pounds so far, partly by dieting, partly by trying to be more active (mainly walking but just started swimming too). For most people it is possible to lose weight on tamoxifen, but it does require some focus and persistence. And really sticking to your diet of choice is key, but being active will help a lot, and also brings other benefits.
angiepops

weight, dieting and tamoxifen.

hi ladies,

since starting tamoxifen just over a year ago i have put 2 stone on in weight, mainly around the trunk and i look like im having a baby. ive tried dieting but gave up  because it just wasnt coming off. however on reaching 12st 2lb i hve decided to go on a strict diet and try again ti regain some body shape instead of looking like a mr men character,

please tell me your success stories

angie x