Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what a relief!...

10 REPLIES 10
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: what a relief!...

Good on you Hi Nicky,

Fantastic....good on you. I am jealous (ha,ha) my hubby would if he read your post! He wanted to buy two Harley Davidsons but I like four wheels or four legs (a horse) and we have two kids! I really am so excited for you.

I am going through a very frustrating phase at the mo where I want to go and be wild but I have sort of ran out of money! Our next holiday we are planning strangely is horse back riding in the Wild West, Arizona on a Ranch., hoping to fit in rafting down the canyon for a couple of days 8-)

Saving, saving, saving......

Good health and happiness to you and everyone too!

Sonya

nickyc

Hi Sonya Hello, hope all is going well for you at the mo. I have only just realised you kindly replied to my post, as it had slipped a couple of pages.

Thanks for your good wishes, I am chuffed to bits with my new job-I eventually got made redundant as my old firm went into administration. I was out of work for a couple of weeks (which was actually a nice break!) before landing this new job. I am getting a decent redundancy payment as I was with my old firm for nine years and we have been having the "do we do something sensible with the money or do something amazing with it" dilemma-in the light of my results and the experiences of last year we have decided to hell with being sensible and have decided to do something we have dreamed of doing for a long time, and that is to rent a Harley -Davidson motorbike and tour the American South-West taking in sights such as the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley etc. One of our greatest pleasures is touring on our motorbike, its such a stress buster, and the experience of doing so through such wonderful scenery will be amazing. So we are off in the autumn!

Just wanted to share this with you, I remember reading that you went to Mexico last year. There are so many things I want to do, and the shock of realising how your life can change is such an incentive to actually go out and do it. I do realise that I'm lucky to have this lump of cash to do it with.

Best wishes for continued good health and happiness,

Love Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Wooohooooo Whoooooooohooooo! Brilliant, clear mammo and a new job Nicky. I remember you saying you were looking for a new job last year. It's all come together. I am delighted for you.

Feels great doesn't it?

Sonya

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nicky,

The picture is of me and my grandson at the start of my year with b.c.

Hair is growing back very grey but everyone thinks it suits me. I just scruff it up with a bit of gel. I have bought myself some new modern grey glasses which suit my new hair. Anything looks good after being bald.

Jugsy is my family name. I was first called it by my sister as youngsters it had nothing to do with boobs then. It is the Americans who use this expression not us brits. It is quite amusing to use it on this website. My proper name is Julie but all my family and friends know me as Jugsy. This site is so friendly I thought it appropriate to use it here.

Will post again with my results.

In the meantime enjoy life to the full, all the best for the future.

Love Jugsy

Guest user
Not applicable

delighted... by your news. My next mammogram is may - around my birthday (joy). My anxiety starts to build around mid-April - so I've got a bit of time.

So pleased that you got the ok. It's a lovely feeling...

karen

Wonderful news nicky... ...and cheers...enjoy that glass of wine

karen x

Guest user
Not applicable

great news nicky.
i had my 1st last nov and was relieved to get an NED
sharon

nickyc

thanks and good luck! Hi Jugsy,

Thanks for your reply, what a fab pic on your profile, who is the little one? Great name too!

Know what you mean about the what ifs, like you I have to think the worst and then anything better is a bonus. I've been lying awake too imagining all sorts.

Good luck for your mammo, do you know how long you will have to wait to find out the results? Please do let me know how you get on.

Love Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nicky,

So pleased you have got through another major hurdle.
I have my first mamo next week. I am starting to feel nervous. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking what if!!!!!
I always have to imagine the worst just in case I have to deal with it.
I was first diagnosed with DCIS one of the Doctors told me that this is not proper cancer. After surgery WLE the results were grade 3 and further surgery to remove nodes with Chemo and Rads. I wonder what proper cancer must be like!!!!!
Anyway, I have the support of this website which has been wonderful.
I will post my results and lets hope I am celebrating like you.
Love Jugsy

nickyc

what a relief!... Went to get the results of my first mammogram since original dx today, and am on cloud nine after being told everything was ok.

Having felt I had managed to begin to move on, for the last seven days since the mammo I have been back in that scary place of waiting for results again. I actually felt quite sick waiting to be called to go in to see the consultant.

I have just poured myself a large glass of wine to celebrate. I started a new job yesterday and am starting to hope that this year is going to be much better than 2006.

Best wishes and thanks to everyone who has helped make this site such a lifeline and source of support to me over the past year. Here's to all of us...cheers!!

Love Nicky x

nickyc

what a relief!...

what a relief!...