what drugs were you given before the loading dose?

hi there,

if you are about to start herceptin or can remember, can you tell me please what pre injection drugs were administered before your loading dose (the first one where you have to spend 6 hours in hospital) e.g. steroids, paracetamol, anti sickness etc?

thank you.

Poppyetta

I have been on Herceptin since March this year, I have had to miss my last infusion because of Radiotherapy, I will be resuming in 2 weeks time and will have a loading dose, I don’t think I am having any other drugs beforehand, but did get offered Paracetamol before every infusion previously.

hi there,
From what I can remember I was given an infusion of piriton or something similar, then water to flush things through then the heceptin then more water. The first does is usually given at a slower rate i think and the nurse came round and did half hour obs on me. I felt very sick with the first does, but after that it was Ok - certainly much easier than the chemo.
hope all goes well for you
cheers
caroline

I had anti-sickness and piriton which made me conk out. I felt fine - it was just a bit boring waiting to see if there was going to be a reaction.