cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when can i go back to wearing my normal bra

11 REPLIES 11
skigirl

Re: when can i go back to wearing my normal bra

I'm not sure there's any hard and fast rule to be honest, but I think it's due to the changes that the breast goes through in the early months..  Personally, my breast took about 6 months to settle into its 'final' shape, but it's now a lot wider than my natural breast, so I wouldn't be able to find an underwired bra that would fit both breasts, whereas the non-wired bras are a bit more 'forgiving' and stretchy.

x

Susie01

Hi, I had a mastectomy in July and had a struggle to find some pretty bras! Went on Google and found Nicola Jane, they are great! I visited one of their shops and was fitted for both a prosthesis and some bras, also had an under wired one. If you cannot visit the shop you can also order online. They are very helpful and very reasonably priced.
kitten_mad

Early days for me as I only had a Mx and  LD flap last week - but is there a reason why we can't wear underwired bras if we can tolerate them. I always wear this type and was quite well stocked up prior to the op.

Many thanks K M x

BlackSwan

Another vote for the Royce Bras.  I really like the silver one and am thinking of "converting" to this model for my long term regular bra.

Guest user
Not applicable

Debenhams have a few non wired bras at the moment and on sale too,
skigirl

Hi Auntiewendy

I had a DIEP reconstruction in April 2012 and I am still not able to wear my  old 'normal' bras.  My shape has changed and underwired doesn't work anymore.  Royce do a lovely non-wired selection of bras specifically for reconstructed breasts.  They have their own website, but our local BHS sells and fits them too.

Hope this helps.

Mandy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I asked my surgeon and they said I can go back to wearing an underwired bra after 6 months 🙂
I had the TUG recon.

RevCat

I was told 6 months, but in the end waited a year... it was so nice to have pretty bras again, that said I still revert to my sport bras for every day!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, I was told after one year!
I had my recon in June and have just been told I can now wear normal non underwired bras as long as they still support me (Im only small breasted).
I have an appointment with my surgeon Wednesday, I will ask him and post again.

x
supertrouper

I had my recon at the end of April and I don't think I will ever go back to wearing underwired bras. I prefer the soft stretchy ones now.

libby_2010

Bump
And what sort of recon did you have?
Have you spoken to your PS about this?
Hope all is going well with your recovery J

auntiewendy

when can i go back to wearing my normal bra

Hi
I had my recon in April does anyone know when i will be able to
wear my underwire bra's xx