why such a long wait for va ultrasound

Six weeks ago I had a mammogram. 2 weeks later I received a letter asking me to attend a university hospital breast unit for a repeat mammogram the following week. I also had an ultrasound which showed a tiny 5mm cyst. The doctor inserted  needle to drain it under ultrasound then I had  another mammogram.  It had not dispersed so she wanted to do a xray assisted biopsy. After several xrays, lots of pulling about they couldn’t find it. As I had been there for nearly four hours they decided  to leave it and I went home.

A week later they phoned and asked me to go back the following week for an ultrasound guided core biopsy.  Only took an hour this time.  I got the results a week later “abnormal cells, not a cancer report” but an appointment had been made a week later to see the breast surgeon at a more local unit. I  saw him this week.  He was fairly sure there was  nothing to worry about,  but to be sure I was to have a ultrasound vacuum assisted biopsy under local anaesthetic within the next t two weeks. I have since been told as the doctor concerned only does this one morning a week all appointments are taken possibly for the next 4 weeks!  How can they do this. One says one thing one another. Is it bc or not?  I need to know asap. Going off my head with worry.  Anyone else going through similar? 

Hi Grannygrump and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays, our team are on hand with emotional and practical support for you

Take care

Lucy BCC