wigs

Does anybody know where I can go to get a wig in Manchester. I did have a wig from a shop recommended to me by Christies when I had treatment. I didn’t actually wear a wig much. I am coming up to 5 years since dx and my hair eyelashes and eyebrows never really made it ! I am not a vain person but my hair is so thin I can’t get it to look anything like. I don’t go out socially because of this and I feel so down when I see my hair. I haven’t done anything about it for years as it seemed quite trivial after all I’d endured.I could afford a really good wig,but I want to try some on I do not want to take pot luck off e-bay. Can anyone help me thank you Eileen

Hot Hair Wigs are amazing, I’ve not been myself but I know a few who have and they have a very modern store with loads of styles,including young and trendy styles too and not all of them are “big hair”.

You can try them on, they’re very discreet if you want to be discreet or if you’re happy to whip off head covering etc.
I’ve heard very good things about them.

Sorry to hear about your natural hair, it’s what we call dread. And hair is important to a lot of women. I really miss mine now because I feel like I look awful without my long hair because it really suited me and helped slim my face. So you’re totally allowed to be upset about it!!! It’s not petty at all, it’s your confidence.

hothair.co.uk/retail-stores.html

wEBSITE LINK ABOVE FOR YOU, STORES IN MANCHESTER XX

oh thanks so much I will check it out now. I’ve just done my hair and it looks ok but as soon as I go out it will just frizz. and it’s thin frizz. Hair is massivly important. Look at any woman with nice hair and imagine that same woman with a bit of thin scraggy hair and only the prettiest look ok. Imagine Jennifer Aniston with a bit of straggly wisp and you get the picture. I am off now thanks Eileen x

Oh had a look and they look great, will get down to trafford Centre asap Eileen

Eileen, I don’t know whereabouts you are, I’m in Altrincham and was recommended a hairdresser called Chris Baguely who has been trained in wig cutting/styling with Trevor Sorbie. He is very sympathetic, understanding and knowledgeable about hair loss through chemo. He orders the wig and will cut it properly to suit. You can also take along a wig you’ve bought elsewhere and he’ll cut that for you. I was very happy with my wig (I did it all through him) and I’ll be going back to him soon so he can trim my new ‘fuzz’. I don’t know about posting phone numbers on the forum, but I have his if anyone is interested.

Thanks artpup, I will try the stores first if not sorted I will contact you for that number Eileen x