words of wizdom !!!

FORGET ABOUT THE PAST YOU CANT CHANGE IT…
FORGET ABOUT THE FUTURE YOU CANT PREDICT IT…

excellent saying!!

We have both a weak self and a strong self; the two are completely different. If we allow our weak side to dominate, we will surely be defeated.

we will not be defeated!!!

Gill x

bumping up ladys

im struggling… and your words help so much , thank u xx

bump xx

Hi

excelent saying, my attitude spot on.

Angie, keep your chin up, if you feel rubbish today there’s always a tomorrow…

best wishes M

Hi Angiem so sorry you feel bad have pm you hope you dont mind.

This is one of the the things the Dalai Lama follows :-

“Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”.

I have this typed up on the wall by my desk and I read it very day before I start work.

i am struggling so much too-my mum has dementia -i like that saying-god give me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change-and strength to change the things i can-or words to that effect-best wishes all x

ethlydsyl, I can sympathise with you. My dad died from dementia 12 months before I was diagnosed with this. I found his illness a greater strain than mines, it was like he was on a very long and lonely journey that nobody could help him with. I currently have 2 friends struggling with putting elderly parents into homes as they can no longer care for them; a third thinks her mother has the onset of dementia as she is becoming very confused. Really very sad.

Hi

A year before my DX I got a call to say that my Dad was terminal with bladder cancer that had spread to his liver.He survived for another 6 months.

It was so hard… 6 months later I was dx,

I really loved my Dad and it was incredibly hard to watch him deteriorate as he did. Now, I have my mum (I don’t have a great relationship with her) who is blind and 85 and it’s so… hard. I look after her, of course I do, but it’s from duty not from wanting.

Mal x