worried

Last april l had nipple discharge and thankfully it was duct ectasia which l hd all my ducts removed. My scar at one end has always been red and firey and lumpy the rest is now fading. I can now feel a tiny pin size lump/spot on this scar. l mentioned to the consultant last year at my check up about the one end being firey red, he informed me that l had an infection in that area and it may never go. Now l am worried, sometimes it is raised sometimes not, could this be part of the ducts that he never managed to remove, it feels like one the the ducts that is on the aerola area albeit it is slightly lower down

thank you
PCAZ

I’m sorry to read that you are having a worrying time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime it might be helpful to talk this through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi PCAZ,
I’m sorry you find yourself seeking help here, but I can assure you that you have come to a good place.
If you have serious concerns, I would urge you to return to your consultant / GP and ask for clarification. Keep an eye on the scar (as if you don’t!). I have been advised by a GP to keep a pictoral record of changes to things that concern you (mobile phones are great for this) and you would then have evidence for the consultant when you go. This is also useful if you end up seeing another member of the team, who doesn’t have any visual history to refer to.
I hope you get some reassurance soon.
Best wishes,
MM

Great advice from Mungos - I would go back if your not happy, it could just be scar tissue but you will sleep easier with getting it checked out.

Thank you all, it is strange as believe it or not my best friend reminded me that the one side of my scar was always red and inflammed before the op due to a puss like spot, this area never healed up, just this raised bit now that scares me to death, keep looking in mirror, it feels solid when you grip but also looking at as if something is going to burst out of it… sounds mad but only appeared tis week, typical l am becoming paranoid when others have more to deeal with

I have noticed on the side of my right breast while the skin swelling like a boil but it is soft lying flat you cannot feel it on,y see it, it stings under my arm and round the mark, my hubby tells me it’s nothing to worry about as he cannot feel anything at all. The patch is white like a bite…has anyone had this also my breast aches and is nippy.
sorry so so scared as nursing two orderly parents one on end of life care and have so much stress just now…l am so so scscared thank you
pcaz