Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worried

9 REPLIES 9
June_BCC

Re: worried

Hello donata

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time.  As mentioned before our helpline will be open at 9.00 in the morning if you would like to talk to one of the staff there, the freephone number is 0808 800 6000.

If you would like to talk to somebody now maybe a call to the Samaritans on 08457 909090 may help.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you but i can see from replies that people don t know how much pain and suffering mental illness causes.of course i m in treatment with side effects as bad as those of chemo.i was 11 years old the first time i tried to kill myself.cannot face cancer too

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you for your thoughts but there are other considerations such as how crazy high stress situations make me also i stopped taking psychiatric meds several times cos of side effects and i c an just imagine what i would do with chemo!)n the other hand i m not scared of dying as i have attempted suicide several times and you never know i may still go that way

cs1

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and that you don't want to have treatment. I know how hard it is to take everything in and try and see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have just been diagnosed with grade 3 as well, and I am to start chemo in the next week or so, this will be followed by surgery.

I am sure that the team looking after you will be sensitive to your needs and concerns, maybe it would be helpful to take someone with you to appointments. That way you have someone there to give you support.

You don't say if you are also having treatment for your mental health problems, but if you are it may be a good ideas to talk it through with them as well, they may be able to help and also liaise with the clinical team to help you make informed choices that are suitable for you.

Please don't give up without a fight, I am sure there are people around who will help you cope and come out the other side.

Melrose15

Donata it makes me sad to read your post. I can't imagine how daunting things must feel for you and I hope you get the help and support you need. 

When I was diagnosed I already had several friends who had been through treatment for bc so knew, although not pleasant, it was doable. They all recovered well and three have been clear for over 5 years.  Another, clear for 3 years, ran the marathon this year. I take my inspiration from them and know that once my treatment is complete I will feel stronger and thankful that I got through it all and have my life ahead of me.

I hope you will feel the same as life is precious and so are you.

xxx

poemsgalore

donata

I am so sad that you would prefer to die rather than have treatment for your cancer. I know it is scary thinking about surgery, chemo etc, but it only takes about one year to complete these treatments.  You could always ask them not to tell you anything, but just get on with the treatment. Then you wouldn't have to cope with hearing things your mind couldn't cope with. I would hate to think of you suffering all the pain of dying because of cancer - which might take a number of years. to happen.  I would also hate the thought of you being scared because you will know you will be dying without treatment. I understand that it is difficult for you to deal with this. But there are others with mental health problems going through it too. I do hope you will reconsider this idea. Having said that, if you do refuse treatment, they will probably try ot persuade you to have it, but they can't force you to do something you don't want to do.

Poemsgalore xx

Guest user
Not applicable

thank you jo i will but i realize that considering my severe mental illness i m a bit of a special case they are already talking about me at the hospital where i was effing and blinding everyone

Guest user
Not applicable

I was thinking the same but with help of family and Dr I am enjoying life again Take it day by day they are really good with Breast Cancer ❤️

Jo_BCC

Hi Donata

I'm sure your fellow forum users will be along soon with some much needed support, but can I ask you to give the helpline here a ring tomorrow when they're open again?  The staff on the helpline are here to support you through this, calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open again tomorrow at 9.00am through to 5.00pm (weekdays) and 10.00am to 2.00 pm on Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

worried

I would like to talk but i m also scared of finding out things my mind cannot cope with.I have been diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer.I have not told them that i don t want surgery and chemo i just want to be left to die in peace,but i know that they will put pressure on me cos they don t understand my mental state don t know what to do