xmas chemo

is anyone starting chemo at exmas , i should have my first chemo a wk before and im hoping its not on my sons 3rd birthday, im not sure of the date yet as im waiting on my herc2 results , i was diagnosed beg nov with stage 3 4.5 cm lump, ive had wide lump excision with bilateral breast reduction, had no lymph involvement but one of the margins is undefined so i will have to have another op after my chemo and before my radiotherapy , im 41 yrs young and i work for the wonderful nhs , wonder if anyone is going through this at the same time xxxx

Hiya Lisa, good luck with your first chemo. I’m due one dec 17th then Xmas eve…fab timing, but they’re not my first ones, number 7 and 8!
hope to be ok by ny as my big boy is 16 on ny day.
I’m the same age as you, we’ll just turned 42, got 3 kids 6, 13 and 15 band also work for n.h.s.
hope you get on ok, happy to “chat” if that helps
mandy xxx

Hi lisa, i am waiting to see oncol on wed of next week. I anticipate starting either on the 19th or just after christmas - 28th maybe.

Lisa and mandymid there is a Dec chemo thread on this website.

Hi i am waiting to see oncologist on 17th to discuss treatment plan probably chemo ? after xmas, recurrance and lung mets. I am 46 have 2 children 11 and 16 and also work for the NHS . Primary diagnosis in 2008, chemo wle and rads.
Best wishes
Sarah 66x

Hi I’m looking to have my first chemo session the week before Cristmas (19th)- great pressie !!! Things may still change a bit as I’ve delayed things a bit to meet some eggs frozen (im 29) things looked ok today tho ago should start first chemo next week. I also work for the nhs and will be having treatment at the hospital I work in!
Xxx