zoladex hot sweats

Recently changed from tamoxifen, due to problems with fatigue,  to zoladex. Doctor advised I would have hot /night sweats, and wow was she right, strange fact, night sweats really do only occur at night. I work nights so at least I can get some sleep during the day.  I was not expecting the sweats to be so severe. My oncologist suggested acupuncture benefited some people, so I decided to try it. No sweats for the first 48hrs after my first treatment,  then they came back but greatly reduced (60%) had about five weekly sessions now and only get the sweats bad the week of my zoladex injection. Having one more session next week then monthly ones from then on. The acupuncture as also helped emensly with my mood swings, I feel very much calmer and confident . Would definitely recommend giving it a go.

Hi rebel1, 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing these hot sweats and I am sure any users who have had experience of this will be along to support. 

So more users can see your post, I have moved it to our Hormone Therapy board. You can also read more about Zoladexon our page.

In the meantime you may want to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about what you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Thank you Lizzy, I it’s the first time I’ve used this forum. It is good to know what help and support there is. Thank you