Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 year sign off

1 REPLY 1

Re: 10 year sign off

Hi Wilson_52

Thanks for posting.

As you are seeing your breast care nurse for a 10 year check-up it is likely she will give you advice on stopping your letrozole.  You won’t need to stop taking it gradually.  Some people worry about stopping their treatment, but there’s evidence that letrozole continues to reduce the risk of breast cancer coming back for many years after you stop taking it. Your breast care nurse may also discuss the importance of continuing to be breast aware and who to contact if you have any concerns in the future, this will usually be your GP.

Our mobile app BECCA provides day-to-day strategies, hints and tips to help you move forward. The easy-to-use cards give you bite-size information on everything from managing menopausal symptoms to strategies for coping with anxiety. Categories include food, exercise, mindfulness and beauty. You can also read blogs from people like you who are adjusting to life beyond breast cancer treatment.

You can download BECCA for free from Google Play and the App Store. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can use the online version.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

10 year sign off

Hi

I'm seeing my BCN for my 10 yr check up next weekto get signed off.

Will she tell me to stop Letrozole or will I need to see GP?